Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirby

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
alright, this is one of the few times i have seen the hybrid BarbataXcentral in Australia. Overseas this creates the well loved and sought after 'German Giant'.... what is it here? scum? interesting? as horrible as coastal mixes?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MUM A CENTRAL; DAD AN EASTERN BUT YELLOW COLOURING ( A CROSS HIMSELF)!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and of course.. on PetLink
http://www.petlink.com.au/Classifieds/sale/960581.html

Personally i believe there is already central intergrade's around,because some centrals have the yellow mouth's like the eastern's do and other's dont.

It'll probably be regarded as the same as diamondxcoastal integrades: some love them, some hate them,

Personally i believe there is already central intergrade's around,because some centrals have the yellow mouth's like the eastern's do and other's dont.

there is no clear definition between V and B with yellow mouths... even in the wild.

alex c, ive found eaterns here on the coast with pink mouths, no central bearded for 100's of km

They naturally intergrade together. Mouth colour can still be used as a indicator as the majority of both species carry "standard" mouth colours

Kirby, it's not even acceptable to breed coastals and diamonds together. That would be hybridising.

Kirby, it's not even acceptable to breed coastals and diamonds together. That would be hybridising.

if you knew me, you knew i wouldnt do it... if i thought it was cool.. i would have bought the darn thing..

im seeing opinions on other species...

I never said you would do it. I was just saying that it would be hydridising, and comparing it to the case of diamonds and coastals.

bit different to a carpet and diamond, more like a carpet to a gtp, as barbatta and vitticeps are a seperate species

i have been out west and seen the place where both species areas cross. I i'm pretty sure they would all be crossing. I found a few that were huge but looked like an eastern so don't know if it was a cross or just an old eastern.

does that make it acceptable in captivity?

Any reasonable breeder wouldn't bother, whilst the temptation may be there (for some breeders;)) with Morelia to create something with a weird pattern and colour, by crossing vitts and barbata's together, I can't see how you would "improve" it at all, saying that, I have seen them crossed plenty of times, it is certainly not uncommon for people to do it.

bit different to a carpet and diamond, more like a carpet to a gtp, as barbatta and vitticeps are a seperate species

Remember names are just put on animals by us (humans), they (the animals) don't care what they are called, the similarity is closer to diamonds and coastals imo, as vitties and barbatas naturally intergrade into each other, they are just as happy to mate with the other "species" as they are their own, they really arn't so different to each other.

fair enough, imo they are very simmilar to each other, but not as simmilar as diamonds and carpets, agreed they would not care wether they breed with a central or a eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back