Tokay

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pratty

Reaction score
Caught this fella overseas. Took me 4 months to finally see one.
Very good at keeping away from people. Think an adult can reach around a foot long.
Very big geckos !!!

Toke1.jpg

Toke2.jpg

Nice Tokay!
They have the biggest attitudes. Lots of hissing and biting. They stress pretty easily, so if you keep him be sure to give him lots of hiding spots.
If you can get past the "trying to kill you" behavior, they are awesome geckos and that disposition will eventually grow on you. :)

No let him go after a couple of happy snaps !
Yeah he had alot of attitude. Made a deep growl type noise.
Wasnt game enough to test out the biting thing !!

No let him go after a couple of happy snaps !
Yeah he had alot of attitude. Made a deep growl type noise.
Wasnt game enough to test out the biting thing !!

LOL! Can't say that I'd blame you there, pratty! They have a pretty evil bite!

wicked. i had one in a room i rented on an island off thailand. was a large gecko for a small room, so i thought it was awesome until it didnt leave. the inner girl came out in me when i thought about waking up with it on me. haha i eventually managed to chase it outside.

found some decent sized tokays on my stints in timor too. they will eat anything that fits in there mouth. :D

PC010859.jpg

is it imported?
if so how did you do it and will you try and get another unrelated 1 and breed them?

Will

willa6, he went on an overseas holiday. You're unable to import any kind of exotic reptile to Australia for the private owner.

Here's a picture of a Tokay I found on an overseas forum.

View attachment 66516

Last edited:
The owner had been cleaning the retic's enclosure, and left it on the floor while she went out of the room for about a minute. When she came back, she found that her escaped tokay had attacked the snake. Both animals were separated, and the tokay went back into its enclosure. Both animals healed without permanent injury.

Poor little retic, being attacked by a gecko.

I never knew they tokeys could get that big. If only we could get exotics.

No im overseas with work. Caught a snake over here too. Not sure what it was. got pics if anyone interested. No chance of importing these geckos home. Would be a great addition to a gecko lovers collection though !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back