Darwin Carpets - Bitey?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rodentrancher

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just brought two of these from the BFB at Bredl's Reptile Park. They are both females, beautiful colours, but soooo bitey! Any chance they will calm down with a bit of handling? Cheers Cheryl

should do. my little one was very snappy for the first few months but, eventually calmed down.

rodentrancher do you know if they sex snakes up there at bredl's reptile park? if so im keen to go up n get some done, im in mildura

Sorry but don't your breath. Mine hates me even more than the day i bought him. AND its not just me, he loves the taste of fingers and blood regardless of who it is. i've kept three, and all three hated me :( ;)

I have a female Darwin who is almost a year old, got her when she was about 10meeks and she has never bitten anyone.
When my friends bring their kids around and they want to hold one of the snakes, my little darwin is who I hand to them cos she is just sooo trustworthy.
I think it comes down to pure luck. Although I also have a friend with a 4-5 yr old darwin male and he is such a gentle giant.

Truthfully when picking my darwin I went for the one that didnt bite, handled her every day (still do) nad she has never tried to bite

i think it all depends on the animal, my mate has one, never looked liked biting him ever and kids play with it, even if he hasnt handled it in a long while, never looks like biting so could just come down to each individual snake, so there is still luck for you

Albinos are usually very mellow. I've also got a lovely het, but I picked based on temperament.

Mine have been quite savage as youngsters but seemed to settle down at about 2 years old.

I have a close friend with one thats 3 years old now and it is pure evil!!! :lol:

Bites everyone who goes near it and strikes at glass at the first sight of movement.

They must like the taste of us!! LOL. ;)

I have a male thats about 20months old, never biten placid as,and ive got a pair of females[sisters] that are nearly 12months and they havent tryed [yet] biting me,awesome snakes imo.Yours shall calm down with time [hopefully].cheers.

Just brought two of these from the BFB at Bredl's Reptile Park. They are both females, beautiful colours, but soooo bitey! Any chance they will calm down with a bit of handling? Cheers Cheryl

we have a Darwin that is 11 mths, his previous owners had enough of the biting, so that's how we got him. When we got him home it went straight in a click clack and was left it alone for a few days, when I opened the container it came out on its own and climbed up my arm and has not looked like biting since we got him.

cheers

i have a female 2yo. Never had a problem.
I also have a pair 1yo. Male is awsom, the little girl is a little evil. But not to crazy anymore.
I chose for looks and have 2 great handlers out of 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back