Darwin Carpets - Bitey?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't need to be handled to calm them down.
Anything with a mouth can be bitey.

I have a couple that would smash the sides of their tubs
if you entered the room, that now with size are calm as
anything, and only give a food response bite.

iv had a few pairs over the last few years, one of which was a bit flighty and untrustworthy. smashed me in the face once. the others have been fine. its the same with all animals there are some good and some bad, but in jungles and darwins i usually find that there are just a couple more bad ones. even the bad ones can come good, my jungles couldnt even be approached until recently without them having an all out psycho.

Sorry but don't your breath. Mine hates me even more than the day i bought him. AND its not just me, he loves the taste of fingers and blood regardless of who it is. i've kept three, and all three hated me :( ;)

Here here to that.. i had a darwin for a while he was clinically insane!! he would strick the glass if you walked past his enclosure even at 2-3 metres away.. getting him out well lets say i didnt need acupuncture or to practise blood letting as i had plenty of this with repeated bites!. would do everything right with temp and hides and even kept him in an opaque container for a while to try to calm him down a little but to no avail... but someone ended up stealing him sucks to be them..... but i do miss the little fella.. not the holes in my skin but on the odd occasion he was calm ish he was cool...
i ended up getting a jungle who is the most placid snake never bitten or even struck..

My 18 month old Darwin is the least bitey snake I own. In order from bitiest to least bitiest in my snakes:

1. 16 month Olive (mostly feeding response, but can be snappy)
2. 12 month Atherton (defensive sometimes in cage, but calm when handled)
3. 3 year old Murray-Darling (really calm but did get me a couple of times when younger)
4. 18 month old Darwin (can be flighty, but has never bitten or even looked lked biting)

I brought a 6 ft darwin not long ago and she has a real attitude.

When i wen to look at her the guy got her out without a problem and was even kissing her on the head and letting he go around his neck.

When i got her home i just put her in her enclosure and left her for a few days.
When i tried to get her out she went mental and wouldn,t stop striking.
I eventualy got her out but she strikes at everything that moves.
Took an hour to get her back in her enclosure cos she wouldnt let go of my b/f arm.

Tried getting her out this morning and she had a few nice goes at my b/f so we left her.
I hope shes no guna be one of those psyco ones cos shes to big
and i dont realy want a 6ft snake sinking its teeth into me every time i wana get her out.
lol

cheers
laura

Be sure to post some Pics of the bites Laura!! LOL

From the sounds of it you will be getting a few beauties soon :lol:

lol. I will. Hopefuly there of my b/f bites and not mine.
Im goin to get an Olive python tomorow(hopefuly not like my darwin)!!!:|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back