Lacy takes down a donkey

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

da_donkey

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Yes its true once again i have learned the hard way, dont mess with wildlife whilst intoxicated :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I had a beautiful couple of days lounging around on whitehaven beach drinking champers, wine , beer and whatever alse we could manage to fit on our 28ft mustang.

we decided to go do a bit of bottom bashing and spearing over at dugong beach on the other side of the island, when we dropped anchor about 40m off the beach i saw 2 huge lacies walking down the beach so needless to say i dove off the boat and headed to shore.

when i reached them i stalked them for a while before deciding to grab the biggest one for a photo opp.
after a brief wrestle i had him in what i thought was a pretty good hold walking back to get my camera off the beach he started to kick and was scratching my chest ( which has over a grands worth of tattoos on it, i let off with my front hand a little and he whipped his head around and locked on hard to my wrist as the blood spurted i knew i was in a bit of trouble, so i put him down on the ground so he good scamper off........he wasnt interested he just wanted to keep thrashin about on my arm causing a heck of alot of damage and pain.

After i pryed him off and he scamped off into the bush i had to call teh camping trip off early and race back 40 mins to hamilton island where it cost me over $300 to get stiched up and i am having alot of numbness in my thumb and cant use it properly so im guessing ive done some nerve damage.

so the moral of the story is no matter how many rescue callouts or how many times youve caught particular species......theres alwaays gonna be one that gets you good!!

i have pics on my camera phone after i got it stiched up but cant upload on this computer, so if someone is keen on seeing the aftermath i could send it.

now i sit back and wait for all the flamers on there high horses who are going to pretend that they have never caught a wild reptile for a photo opp ;)

cheers, donk :D

I have scar on my finger from a blue tongue that i thought i would get into a better light for a photo

LOL you silly bugger but i bet you still had fun doing it lol

So can i PM you my email address to see the mess you are in hehehe

Lewy

Geez, donk! I would hate to take a bite from a wild Lacey.

I'm guessing the numbness will last for quite a while. Did you tell doctor what happened to you? Perhaps you needed micro surgery.

LOL, nice yarn Donk, as has already been said, infection is your real worry, make sure to keep an eye on it.

:lol: thanks for sharing your moment of stupidity.

Me too, so i will get on my high horse and say that i dont illegally harrass protected wildlife, especially a species that is usually very easy to get pics of if its in a postion where it can be caught :p

I'm guessing the numbness will last for quite a while. Did you tell doctor what happened to you? Perhaps you needed micro surgery.

yeah mate i made sure he knew it was a goanna bite, im on antibiotics because im pretty sure there is gonna be some infection, as for the numbness im just gonna see what happens in the next couple of days.

You know how strong there bite is so there is gonna be swelling with the bruising etc.

im really hoping i get the feeling back sooner rather than later.

donks

You silly bugger.You should have known better to not pic up a lacie! lol!Especially wild!

BTW I probably sound like a mum!

lol... good to see i am not the only one thats been bitten by a lacey.... although i was ten when i got bitten... and i still do not have feeling back in the end of my finger......

I'm not going to get on my high horse! I hope you do it again! Soon! :D :D :D

:lol:

bahahaha when you called me last night and told me i was still laughing 20 mins later LOL :):):) oh btw i got your pic today of the damage..... looks awsome :):)

ok here it is lol (with permission from donkeyboy :) )

Attachments

• 17112008172.jpg
    17112008172.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 410
Now thats a bite. All these people posting pics of thier hatchie childrens or carpet that bit them should be ashamed of themselves :lol:

Well done donk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back