Check out what I found!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It definately looks like a Saw Scaled Viper.... I googled it, well I actually googled Death Adders but came across this pic which underneath read that is was a Saw Scaled Viper

Attachments

• saw scaled viper.jpg
    saw scaled viper.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 121
I could be wrong but some of the plants in the second pic don't look like anything I have seen on a gold coast beach.

It is a saw scaled viper not found in australia, it was a joke, it wasn't photographed on the gold coast.

If you check the quotes on them you find things like --
Systemic envenomation by the saw-scaled viper is responsible for more deaths than any other snake in West Africa.
In India, it is conservatively estimated that up to 20,000 people die annually from snakebites.
About 80% of the venomous snakebites in India come from the saw scaled viper (Echis carinatus)
Saw-scaled Viper, which is responsible for more human deaths than any other viper.

They do their bit for population control, that's for certain.

Regardless of where it was found, it is beautiful.

Vipers are my favorite type of snake.

LOL - Most if you are right. It is a Saw scaled Viper. As for where I found it, I'm not allowed to say exactly where but lets just say it's not at the Gold Coast! I'm am currently deployed in the Middle East ATM. I'm just glad I got to see this feller while I am here! More importantly I saw him before he saw me! If you know what I mean!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2328.JPG
    IMG_2328.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_2311.JPG
    IMG_2311.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_2273-2.jpg
    IMG_2273-2.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 212
Awesome shots mate. . . very nice snake too. stay safe over there!!
Only a true herper would have a snake hook over there in the middle east while fighting in a war ;):lol:. . . good work :D

LOL - Most if you are right. It is a Saw scaled Viper. As for where I found it, I'm not allowed to say exactly where but lets just say it's not at the Gold Coast! I'm am currently deployed in the Middle East ATM. I'm just glad I got to see this feller while I am here! More importantly I saw him before he saw me! If you know what I mean!!!!

I love a man in uniform...LOL

well, its good that its' not in australia. bloody hell you had me worried.

Thanks everyone! There are a couple more pictures to come..... I will post them as soon as I get a chance! :)

Red eye girl - It's been ok! But very long...... I've got three weeks to go in a six month deployment!!! I really miss home, the green trees, the wildlife, and the beer!!!! Looking forward to some time off over Xmass.

Everyone - Here are a couple more pictures of the same snake.... Notice the scare about a third of the way down it's body......

Attachments

• IMG_2341.JPG
    IMG_2341.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_2345.JPG
    IMG_2345.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 132
Saw-scaled Viper, which is responsible for more human deaths than any other viper.

Great pics of a very nice snake, i can't wait until I get a chance to herp over sea's and hopfully see some vipers and cobra's. Viaaf, thanks for posting this, I always thought the Russels Viper was the biggest killer, I was apparantly wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back