What is your biggest fear?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What are you most affraid of?

• Sharks/ shark attack

Votes: 10 14.7%
  • Spiders/ creepy crawlies

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • Heights/ flying

Votes: 8 11.8%
  • Mice/ rats

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Public speaking

Votes: 8 11.8%
  • The dark

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Deep water

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Being in big crowds

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Needles

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Being a victim of crime

Votes: 4 5.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sarah_m

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Today i was reading a book on shark attack, and i will admitt that this is my biggest fear.
Yes, i know i am far more likely to be struck by lightning, be involved in a car accident on the way to the beach or suffer a heart attack once there but this is of no comfort what so ever. It is still something that i find frightening beyond belief.

I will not even go into the water!!
So i want to know what other people are scared of and why. I have included some of the most common fears people have (snakes has not been included for obvious reasons;)).

deep water for me....and generally in deep dark water there are lurking sharks just waiting to eat you...so that is kinda included in my fear..lol
i just hate no being able to see the bottom because you dont know what's beneath you....

none of the above.

just dying in general scares me :shock:

i dont like spiders and public speaking... but i think i would rather a spder crawling up my arm!!! its just that i always think im gonna make a fool of my self!

Spiders. Creepy, nasty things. Give me a shark over a spider any day.
But my biggest fear, not on the list, is one of my kids dying.

I dont want to die.. ever

At least single anyway. :shock: Oh and needles! Argh are the worst, hate them. :evil:
It sucks because mums a nurse and she can needle me legaly! :D but then again on the good side she saves lives...

snakes.

but seriously,

in all of those to pick from i look at it and i am a bodyboarder confident swimmer etc. (im just amazing) but when you think about it you cant picture what it would be like 100 kilometers off the coast i nthe middle of the ocean swimming.

but my biggest fear is death a painful death.

I dont want to die.. ever

At least single anyway. :shock: Oh and needles! Argh are the worst, hate them. :evil:
It sucks because mums a nurse and she can needle me legaly! :D but then again on the good side she saves lives...

lol my mums a nurse too its kinda freeky sometimes when i search throught the fridge at home and i find needles stashed away!!! :lol:

None of the above!

My bf was 'attacked' by a shark a few years back... I prefer to say bitten (it sounds friendlier [lol]). He still surfs and I still do an ocean swim everyday.

i hate big crowds...makes me nervous.

oh and needles!!...i hate them

None of the above!

My bf was 'attacked' by a shark a few years back... I prefer to say bitten (it sounds friendlier [lol]). He still surfs and I still do an ocean swim everyday.
Really? Thats amazing, though it seems pretty common for people who encounter them to get back in water after.
I've never had any experience with them yet if i get in the water it is the only thing on my mind. Paranoid! I was swimming at Wollongong beach 10 yrs ago and heard my sister shout my name. I ran from the water shouting "where is it, where is it?", convinced that at any second i would be draged under water, then turned to see my sister looking at me like i was nuts and told me that we had gone outside the flags.:oops::oops::oops:Oops!
So i swim in pools now...

To be brutally honest... Dying alone and unloved/uncared for...:shock: probably the most open I've ever been on here....scary!

Out of that list, public speaking. :lol:

Im yet to think of something that im really really afraid of though.

Nothing really out of that list...I have no real "phobias" as I've managed to conquor them all, but i have rational "fear" lol I don't like my sisters male rats as they are evil bitey machines, but her girls (thanks vix!) are absolutely gorgeous :)

Im not scared of sharks (cant be to go spearfishing) But i am a little hairy in really deep water! manly becuase you cant see anything! But it has to be like over 30 metres deep for me to be pritty hairy!

Something happeing to my pets i'v had my bird for 2 years now and if something happend to him i wouldent know what to do theres lots of junkys around me and they steal anything:x and were all scared of sharks but were just not worried about them attacking us:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back