fire!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

i_LoVe_AnImAlS

Reaction score
has anyone been watching the news??

the fire has burnt out all of Marysville!!! AND the death toll has reached 50+ and we've been told is bound to get much higher!! this is wirse than ash wednsday!!:cry:

Yeah, its terrible.
Some friends of mine in Kinglake lost their houses but they made it out okay..
I`ve just donated to the fire relief fund, feel free to do the same you guys,
every little bit helps...:|

Death toll up to 65!!!!

has anyone been affected by the fires?? (hopefully not)

Last edited:
The people in Kilmore have lost their chance to evacuate. Now they must fight.

The people in Kilmore have lost their chance to evacuate. Now they must fight.

OMG!! i feel so sorry for them. i was freaking out yesterday thinking that all the fires that were happening were going to trap us but luckily we has 2 or 3 exits still open:) but omg they could lose everything! good luck guys

I was just about to make a thread.
It's so devastating:)
I know somebody who lost everything, they're family, property, livestock:cry:

1 hour special on Seven news.
God it makes me really emotional just looking at the pictures and the people suffering from this:cry:

1 hour special on Seven news.
God it makes me really emotional just looking at the pictures and the people suffering from this:cry:

i would watch it except all our stations are out except for channel 10 their special was on just then so i watched that and got the info from there. but you guys will have to keep me updated now as its finished

Wow, i had no idea. 65 people dead from a bushfire, that's just crazy. :(

Update:

65 people confirmed Dead surpassing the death toll of Ash Wednesday

8 people in critical condition with many more being treated for burns

640 Homes lost ( this is a minimum number), 550 of these are from the King Lake area

The town of Marysville in the Yarra Valley is gone.

220 000 hectares have been lost to the Fires wrath thus far.

26 Fires burning, 12 of which are not contained

The Defense force is now involved helping to battle the fires

South Australia has sent personnel and Equipment

$10 million dollars has been allocated by the government

If you are needing help or require information as to loved ones
please call 1800 240 667

Further information is available on ABC radio

Donations are being accepted by the Bendigo Bank and National Australia Bank - see their websites for further details

To aid further you can contact the Red Cross 1800 811 770

Blood donations also would be appreciated at this time to aid those injured by these fires.

Is anyone affected or having to be evacuated who are requiring assistance with their reptiles ?

We're still in the thck of it here, we have no television reception or mobile coverage, but the landlines and power are still on.

Dederang have also run out of time to evacuate.

this is all horrible news good luck to those who are so close

OMG. It too terrible for words. I hope everyone from here is ok, i'll be running down to the bank tomorrow to donate.

They're calling it "Black Saturday" and it's worse than Ash Wednesday now.
The death toll is climbing
It's hard to believe that not long ago we were driving through Narbethong on the exact road that they were showing:(

They're calling it "Black Saturday" and it's worse than Ash Wednesday now.
The death toll is climbing
It's hard to believe that not long ago we were driving through Narbethong on the exact road that they were showing:(

It's really hard to believe that not long ago at all my car ran out of petrol in Marysville (the Black Spur drives has long been one of my favourites - no more, I guess), and had to stop for the night in the hotel there. That such a beautiful town is gone, apart from the people who have lost their homes which is worse, it is just horrifying.

i LOVE the black spur it is well was georgous!! i cant beleive we drove through there to the next town about a month ago!! this 'black saturday' is such a massive tragety my heart goes out to all the victims and firecrew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back