HELP - is it possible to hurt my snakes eyes with an enclosure like this??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It certainly evokes a stronger reaction than a boring old click clack thread. And still just as natural as a click clack.... Its cool, stick with it.

In the pictures the enclosure does look small enough for only one light instead of two, to be sufficient enough to heat up the snake. a low wattage reflector light would be good. Because the walls are shiny it would probably reflect the light and heat back into the enclosure heating it up much more quickly.

The night light is probably not the best to use during the day unless you are trying to mimick night time. It is fine if u hav it on at night but use a normal light during the day to distinguish between day and night.

I spose it would be like taking your room and filling it with red sand, vines, logs, and big glass walls... You wouldn't feel comfortable because it is not your natural environment.... Don't get me wrong, I think it looks cool and eccentric, but I'm just not sure if it's in the best interest of the snake.... :)

Fair point. Although newspaper, breeder's choice, red sand and most of the substrates commonly and successfully used for snakes are not usually their natural environment either. So long as the enclosure meets basic needs I don't think simulating a natural environment does anything more than keeps us happy when we look at it. As for this tank, I'm undecided. Let us know how the snake does, it will be interesting to see.

In the pictures the enclosure does look small enough for only one light instead of two, to be sufficient enough to heat up the snake. a low wattage reflector light would be good. Because the walls are shiny it would probably reflect the light and heat back into the enclosure heating it up much more quickly.

The night light is probably not the best to use during the day unless you are trying to mimick night time. It is fine if u hav it on at night but use a normal light during the day to distinguish between day and night.

as long as it has no detrimental effect on your snake then there's no harm in it is there? although personally it's stressing me out just looking at it :p each to their own :)

Sorry i'm late to read this thread!

Won't the heat from the globes just melt the glue off the contact?

I was thinking along the same lines dezza. Wouldn't the biggest worry be the heat melting the glue off the contact and emitting harmful chemicals to your snake? I'm not sure if contact is non toxic used in this way (under heated circumstances).
Melting plastic is never pleasant for anyone to inhale...

P.S. How's your snake going?

The enclosure is horrible. I wouldn't be caught dead using that

how big is ur tank? and how hot is it getting with 2 globes?? my tank is 1.5ftx1.5ftx1.5ft and im using one 40w globe.. when the weather gets warmer though i have to drop it back to a 25w globe coz otherwise its too hot (i also have a heatmat that covers 1/3 of the base of the tank)

Dont let all the negative criticism get you down, Do snakes even perceive colours like we do? Probably just looks black and white to him. As long as the snake is happy. There are far too many knockers in this world.

your joking arent you? think its time you read a few books and try making your snakes enclosure as close to its natural enviroment. just because its not a wild snake dosent mean that it wont bennifit from having an as close possible natural enviroment. tyr it, you may just find that you have a calmer snake that ends up healthier

imo it looks abit weird creative but weird if i was you id get some asto turf(fake grass some rocks and branches and some nice jungle backing from thepet shop and yea go from there, 1 uv kight and 1 heat light, byt the way wat python is it a chiledni or a stimmy,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back