Smoking

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i smoke in one hand, snake in the other, never let the snake hit contact with my other hand. usually only carry it long enough to take it to outdoor enclosure. its not a smoking debate here.. it was a q to see who smokes and how there snakes react
Exactly!!

As an ex-smoker (gave up 3 years ago) I cant see any difference in the way my snakes react. They still bite just as hard.

Oh yeah, i gained heaps of weight too. 8kg that just wont go away.

Dont smoke so cant help you. I have had smokers handle one of my snakes but it didnt seem to make a difference. He never got angry at anything though

lol reptile_boy, give it a couple of years and you will look at this post and realise how stupid u look :p

believe me mate when you get past that "im awsome phase" u will realise how stupid you look and begin the long walk to the chemist (with your emphasiema of course) and fork out that much needed money (for reptiles) on a pack of patches :D

i quit never been happier, dumbest thing ive ever done..

Bush fires are a natural part of Australias ecology, our fanua smells smoke it means danger.

hay come on give the kid a break how many people here started befor you were 18 i did i was about 14-15 wish i hadnt now and if i had waited till i was 18 i probably wouldnt have started. personally i think if your old enough to smoke legally your oldenough to know better. when i started it was totally impulsive just went to school one day some random kid i walked past was smoking and i bummed one off him (didnt have any friends to cause peer-pressure)

reptile boy the only bit of advice i can give you is stop now befor you start to wish you hadnt its such a depressing thing being controled by the demon we call ciggies

i wash my hands after i smoke the smell on my fingers makes me want another one and i end up chain smokeing and wash my hands befor handling my reptiles anyway. i occasionaly smoke while handling but wont let other smoke while they handle them. and i never touch my frogs if i can aviod it

Admittedly I did smoke for 13yrs, and quite heavily.

My personal recommendation for anyone thinking of starting or having the occasional smoke is DON'T DO IT!! It's a nasty, filthy and expensive habit that makes you look like a complete idiot! You smell like crap and you look like crap and no non-smoker in their right mind wants to be anywhere near you! If your partner smokes then you're inheriting a massive health problem later in their/your life. Make sure they have a pre-paid funeral plan because it’s not fair anyone else should have to pay to stick em in the ground considering all the health warnings that are out there informing the ignorant multitudes who are still puffing away like they are bulletproof.

I used to “believe’ I enjoyed smoking, but I’m enjoying it a hell of a lot more since I’ve stopped (13yrs ago). Do it for yourselves!

hay come on give the kid a break how many people here started befor you were 18 i did i was about 14-15 wish i hadnt now and if i had waited till i was 18 i probably wouldnt have started. personally i think if your old enough to smoke legally your oldenough to know better. when i started it was totally impulsive just went to school one day some random kid i walked past was smoking and i bummed one off him (didnt have any friends to cause peer-pressure)

reptile boy the only bit of advice i can give you is stop now befor you start to wish you hadnt its such a depressing thing being controled by the demon we call ciggies

its the way hes saying it... im sure loads of people here smoked when they were 15, but its not as if we all jumped online to boast about it.

im simply sick of this whole "hardcore" image more and more young people are trying to off put.

personally i think if your old enough to smoke legally your oldenough to know better.

yeah, but he isn't, he is only 15!

Arbok, I agree completely with this "hardcore smoking" image, it is pretty hilarious really - all these little teenagers huddled out the back of the shops in their school uniforms. I don't think they realise that it just makes them look like cheap, skanky little slappers (girls) or grotty, nasty bogans (boys).

I have never really smoked, and especially wouldn't now that we have a child. I think parents who smoke are incredibly irresponsible, particularly now that we know what it does to kids' health, whether you smoke around them or not. When we decided to get married I explained to my husband that I wasn't going to have kids with a smoker. The day we started trying for a baby was the day that he quit smoking.

On topic - I don't smoke so doing it around the snakes isn't an issue.

Your legally allowed to smoke from the age of 16 but can not buy them in any way shape or form so thats when the perants come to hand because with there permission at the age of 16 they can buy smokes for you its the same with grog

Isnt it illegal for a person under 18 to smoke?

my god :shock: where is that reptile boy.. quick someone stop him!!
wont some reformed smoker make a citizens arrest before he gets away

HelenLovejoy_t630.jpg

smoking is a filthy habit :cry:, unfortunantly it is hard to give up and after reading this whole thread i feel like one, so i will go have one to ease the craving. ( nicotine demons :evil: )

Your legally allowed to smoke from the age of 16 but can not buy them in any way shape or form so thats when the perants come to hand because with there permission at the age of 16 they can buy smokes for you its the same with grog

Please point out where you got this from...its news to me. The last I saw if you supply alcohol to someone under 18 (whether your a parent or not) that it is illegal and the fines were $6000 or some such figure. Same with smokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back