Smoking

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i just find it interesting that a snake could tell the difference between a smoker and a non-smoker, i guess he knows who is a bad influence on him

im a smoker and a hippy!,ahah..and iv never had a problem with my snakes and lizards in the past with it,(as i do not blow it in their faces or dutch out their enclosures)..but i can imagine and i know reptiles do not like the scent of any smoke,be it a ciggerette or a wooden fire.

same here and my female doesnt like perfume or aftershave

Because its a stupid choice. Give it up while you are still young and haven't been addicted for years and years. And most long term smokers will agree with me.

Forget thinking its cool, and ignore peer pressure. Its bad for you and a disgusting habit.

I know, I've been doing it since I was younger than you and have fought the addiction for years.

We are just thinking of you in the long run mate. Listen to your elders (at least this once). ;)
I agree, I`ve been smoking for over 10years and wish i could quit.
Reptile_Boy Give up smoking while you can, Save yourself a stack of money and possible death before you reach 30. SMOKING IS NOT COOL, SMOKING IS FOR THE WEAK.

I smoked when i was younger, thought it was cool until i was sitting at the train station thinking to myself, i can't breathe. Cut down from 12's to 8's that day.

Ended up quitting when i found that out of my group of friends i was the only one smoking ..

Ditto what everyone else is saying ... IT'S NOT COOL ANYMORE.

Althought i must say if my wife could see that i'd be a much happier man ..

Ew @ smokers :cry:

Last edited:
i havnt had one for 17 days woohoo

Good boy Trent. ;)
i gave up about 3 months ago. YAY for me. best decision ever. although i still get so puffed out exersising. it really ruins ya body.

I smoked for 24years ,I started when I was 13 due to being "cool" and smoking was still on TV with adds like "anyhow have a winfield" and other types like that ..so it was basically accepted,at that stage you could by smokes @13 and no one would even bother to ask"are they for you?"..I quit ,well couldnt really it would make me sick ,while I was pregnant,but as soon as I had the bub ,started smoking again (did it 4 times)anyway 4 years ago ,I had a massive asthma attack was rushed to hospital ,on the way to hospital they thought they were going to lose me in the ambo,got to hospital after a few hours they got me stable,put me in a ward ,only to be rushed to high dependency unit ,as I was once again having a severe attack .They even organised for me to be taken to intensive care ,and put on a respirator if they couldnt get my oxygen levels up ..your suppose to be in the high 90"s I was at 62...luckily I stable'd enough to remain in HDU for 24hours ,then was place back in the general ward for 5 days as my oxygen levels were still in the 80's.I left hospital with a OL of 89 and was weak for another few days at home ..it was the scariest moment in my life and it was bought on by my stupidity of smoking ..The first year was my hardest to give up ,I craved imensley.But you can do it and I am better for it now .I hate it with a pashion and it STINKS ....goodluck people GIVEUP and notice the difference in yourself and the bank balance ..you guys are into reptiles,if you saved everytime you wanted a pack of ciggies put it in a money tin ..by the end of the year you will be able to afford some really good snakes and lizards or upgrade your vivs ..better then smoking some weed choc full of CANCER ...:)

I gave up 4 months ago after 23yrs smoking and have now put on a ****load of weight :(
Stick to smoking lol, either way your health is at risk :lol::p

But seriously, I feel much better now as a non smoker.

Give it up you dirty bogans! ..........8)

Oh and smoking helps you to loose weight....in the end it's dropping off you at the rate of knots....especially when you're 6ft under ;)

I gave up 4 months ago after 23yrs smoking and have now put on a ****load of weight :(
Stick to smoking lol, either way your health is at risk :lol::p

But seriously, I feel much better now as a non smoker.
thats true it happened to me aswell but fat I can lose just a matter of putting my head into it and doing exercise :evil:(hate that word) but I have not had a asthma attack any where near as often or as severe as I had when I smoked ..:D

whats your point its my choice.

do ur parents just sit back and let u smoke? i must admit i use to think when i was ur age that the kids looked like a bunch of ferals that sat around smoking it looks grose and makes kids look like absolute idiots, u really should stop smoking it doesnt make u a better person in any way what so ever just shows insecuritys in young kids that feel they have to do that to be cool

i just find it interesting that a snake could tell the difference between a smoker and a non-smoker, i guess he knows who is a bad influence on him

Its because a smoker STINKS!! You can tell a smoker has walked in to a room as soon as they have entered through the door as it just plane stinks

i smoke in one hand, snake in the other, never let the snake hit contact with my other hand. usually only carry it long enough to take it to outdoor enclosure. its not a smoking debate here.. it was a q to see who smokes and how there snakes react

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back