Who keeps native mammals??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We had the sugar gliders for 7 years, they were fairly young when we got them but I don't know exactly how young. I guess 7 years isn't too bad for a small animal and I think that is about average for gliders but it would be nice if they could live longer.

Do squirrel gliders have a longer lifespan?

i'll post some pictures up once ive got my camera back and have a spare minuet.

i was changing the branches over in my ring tail's enclosure yesterday and angel(the female) who is normally the most placid little thing, started grabbing at whatever part of me was closest and was clawing and biting me, she also has two small lumps in her pouch. either shes contracted a really bad STD or shes pregnant, im opting for the latter. anyways, she ripped up my finger and cause a fair bit of damage for a little fur ball!!

Hey glidergirl. Your ringies are such different colours..... 2 are really russet coloured. Are they diff locale or something? Xxxx

Videos are better than photos.

[video=youtube;TzXs0GiJ_BQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzXs0GiJ_BQ[/video]

[video=youtube;hw0EfgrnLjU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw0EfgrnLjU[/video]

The ringies are all from Adelaide suburbia, the reddish ringies usually wash out to a grey when the are adults.
I also have a black ringtail possum, these are not common tho. Would love to get another black one.

Picture 015.jpg

here are the ringy's

IMG_1861.jpg

IMG_1866.jpg

IMG_1869.jpg

and im yet to get a decent pic of the sugars

How long do sugar gliders live For

Greetings Greg, back on the 20th June you asked how long do sugar gliders live for?
I can only find two references, thus: 1. = 10yrs+, 2. = 8yrs 4months.

Reference, "Monotremes and Marsupials" a reference for zoological Institutions By Larry R. Collins. Smithsonian Institution Press 1973.

Trust this helps.

Greetings Greg, back on the 20th June you asked how long do sugar gliders live for?
I can only find two references, thus: 1. = 10yrs+, 2. = 8yrs 4months.

Reference, "Monotremes and Marsupials" a reference for zoological Institutions By Larry R. Collins. Smithsonian Institution Press 1973.

Trust this helps.
Thanks for putting so much time into it, word of mouth on glider sites there seems to be a fair range ~8-12 years with average around maybe 10.

rescued a platypus

I am just wondering how many people out there keep native mammals/marsupials, ie. Gliders, Possums, Wallabies, Dunnarts, Hopping Mice or even Wombats, Potoroo's, Kangaroo's or anything else.
Let us know what you've got and share any cool stories about them. I am hoping they are more commonly kept than they seem to be!
I have 4 Sugar Gliders, they are awesome and very cute and friendly. :D

We rescued a platypus today! He was tangled in fishing net and rubber bands of all things.
When we took him to the vet we realised he also had a piece of net imbedded in his skin and he was slowly starving to death. Anyway now he s safe sleeping in the overfow pipe of my turtle pond till morning when I will release him. He is nice and fat now but I need more crawtchies now as he ate everything snails and all. :lol: We will take some photoes in the morning and I'll figure out how to post them on my page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back