Who keeps native mammals??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A nice pair of sugar gliders, fat tailed dunnarts, a pair of bettongs and if you're feeling really generous then a couple of hopping mice.

Please x

I used to keep sugar gliders, they were amazing. They had been handraised at the museum but were no longer wanted for whatever study they'd been used for. I just wish they had a longer lifespan.

I haven't had any marsupials since the gliders but I'm getting some fat-tailed dunnarts soon, I'm very excited about that!:D

I would love to get a kowari, I looked after one when I volunteered at the Nature Education Centre and he was so cool! I haven't ever seen one for sale though.

I'd love some bettongs or potaroos as well but just don't have the room.

I used to keep sugar gliders, they were amazing. They had been handraised at the museum but were no longer wanted for whatever study they'd been used for. I just wish they had a longer lifespan.

I haven't had any marsupials since the gliders but I'm getting some fat-tailed dunnarts soon, I'm very excited about that!:D

I would love to get a kowari, I looked after one when I volunteered at the Nature Education Centre and he was so cool! I haven't ever seen one for sale though.

I'd love some bettongs or potaroos as well but just don't have the room.
How long did the sugar gliders live for? I love fat-tailed dunnarts, my girlfriend loves em too and wants to get some some day. I know Ben on here and marsupial society has been looking for Kowari for ages, no one has them!
I would love some Potoroo's too, if you could keep them in Vic! They'd be a much better pet than say a rabbit or something like that!

Greg its my BIRTHDAY TODAY!!!

you would make my day..... please...... PLEASE !

dont make me beg.

can ppl post some pictures?

Greg? why dont you get some pics up on here?

Good idea Jay, here are some pics of my sugar gliders!
If any of the people who have already said they keep or have kept native mammals have any pics, we'd love to see them!

Attachments

• Aussiegliderpic1.JPG
    Aussiegliderpic1.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 86
  • Aussiegliderpic2.JPG
    Aussiegliderpic2.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 75
  • Aussiegliderpic3.JPG
    Aussiegliderpic3.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 77
  • Aussiegliderpic4.JPG
    Aussiegliderpic4.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 75
They are gorgeous. how many do you have greg? do you have any pics of their setup?

I have 4 of them. 2 female sisters together and 2 male brothers together. I bred the males myself, but later sold the breeding pair. No I don't have any pics of their set ups as yet.

well get your camera out tomorrow!

why did you sell the breeding pair? you gonna be breeding them this year?

Have been slowly trying to introduce them into 2 separate pairs over the last couple of weeks and for next couple of weeks. So hopefully, yes, they will breed this year! My camera is busted at the moment, seriously!

damn are we allowed anything in nsw?
i was talking to my mum &missus about these on the weekend.
i guess we aren't getting sugers.

can't even keep crocs, so crap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back