Who keeps native mammals??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We rescued a platypus today! He was tangled in fishing net and rubber bands of all things.
When we took him to the vet we realised he also had a piece of net imbedded in his skin and he was slowly starving to death. Anyway now he s safe sleeping in the overfow pipe of my turtle pond till morning when I will release him. He is nice and fat now but I need more crawtchies now as he ate everything snails and all. :lol: We will take some photoes in the morning and I'll figure out how to post them on my page.
That is absolutely amazing, I'm glad it is happy and safe now! I would love to see some pics! :D

Beautiful ringies Glidergirl & McKellar.
McKellar, are yours pets or wild ones that have been raised?
My ringies vary in colour too. 2 (Sam & Sally) are your classic greys and the other (Indica) is a beautiful rusty red colour.
Does anyone keep Brushys? I've reared wild ones but would love a pet one. How and where in Vic would you get one?

Beautiful ringies Glidergirl & McKellar.
McKellar, are yours pets or wild ones that have been raised?
My ringies vary in colour too. 2 (Sam & Sally) are your classic greys and the other (Indica) is a beautiful rusty red colour.
Does anyone keep Brushys? I've reared wild ones but would love a pet one. How and where in Vic would you get one?

i dont know 100% but i would assume they are captive bred, i only bought them about 2 months ago, was told they are captive bred, and have no reason to assume otherwise.

Hi,

Just thought I'd join in on this conversation. I have 3 male sugar gliders that I bought a few months back. They're great except for the fact that they're so scared of me and are always skittish. The guy said they were meant to be semi-tame and that one would crawl all over you but that is yet to happen. Any suggestions on how to get them tame??? Also I'm looking for females to put in with them so if you have any or know of anyone selling can you please e-mail me on [email protected]. Don't pm cause I hardly go on here. Thanks.

currently have 1 suger glider 1 brushtail and also 1 eastern grey joey

i have around 40ish wallaroos, there so sweet, shy but sweet

my brother keeps 2 female sugar gliders free roaming in his 2 story loft apartment they are awesome entertainment he has put shipping ropes and nets up for them the can jump and glide all night at daytime they sleep in a decked out bird cage which they retire to themselves in the morning amazing animals.

Dabool....... Don't they poo and pee everywhere?!?!? I used to keep them and can't see it being too healthy having them free roam in you house?

I keep a couple Sugars. Personally, they're a pain because they're feral, aggressive beasts... luck of the draw ey? Anyway, I love them all the same.

i just got a western grey joey the other day, one of my mates found her and he knew i was a sucker for animals so he pawned it off to me! Shes taking her bottle well now but i dont know how old she is. She doesnt like being out of the pouch much, every time i let her out she wants to jump straight back into it! But she loves me! She keeps hugging me :) haha

ringies are so much nicer than brushies tbh :) my aunt (foster carer) has a few at the moment, one's about a year old that had a viral infection which it is still recovering from and is the most beautiful little boy, the other is tiny, only just growing hair. didn't expect it to live but the little girl came good :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back