A conventionally good looking diamond?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scaler

Reaction score
Hey all,

So I'm just wondering what classifies as a conventionally 'good looking' diamond python?
i saw this little young one (bout 6 mnths old) who was really dark in coloring, basically a solid black with little yellow diamonds - not any of that fish net look - i thought he was a handsome little thing and as the sales clerk said no one wants him cos he's not as light as the others they get - it got me thinking... is that an accurate statement?
what makes a conventionally good lookinig diamond python?

Heres a photo of a typical Diamon hatchie,then a adult,generally they are black with small white-yellow rosettes,obviously depending on where they come from they change alot.Last picture is another one,but alot more yellow.....p.s. they are not my photos,excuse me if they belong to you...

Attachments

• Diamond Python.jpg
    Diamond Python.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 185
  • Diamond.jpg
    Diamond.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 205
  • Diamond-Python_big.jpg
    Diamond-Python_big.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 255
Hey all,

So I'm just wondering what classifies as a conventionally 'good looking' diamond python?
i saw this little young one (bout 6 mnths old) who was really dark in coloring, basically a solid black with little yellow diamonds - not any of that fish net look - i thought he was a handsome little thing and as the sales clerk said no one wants him cos he's not as light as the others they get - it got me thinking... is that an accurate statement?

Most diamonds start off dark as looking hatchies and over the years change with each shed. I think seen as you can't really tell colouring from a hatchy, seen as even the darkest hatchy can turn out the most stunning colours, you should focus on the pattern and make sure it has nice rosettes with minimal joining/bars.

It comes down to personal opinion. What one person may consider good, others may disagree.

Hey all,

You answered yourself when you stated "I thought he was handsome";)......at the end of the day it comes down to personal preference.
IMO diamonds are the best snake to watch grow as they start out as "the ugly duckling" and just get better and better with every shed.....

Hey ya iu recon that for a diamond to be good loking they have to have those qualities... u know, good colour, broard head, good size and of course good personality... ive got one and shes a little fat but looking gd and she knows it too. LOL

On the subject of diamonds aam going to breed mine this year... was wondering if anyone has breeding expirience cos would love some tips and advice...

thanks guys, yeah i went back to look at him again tonight - learned a bit about him too.
he's actually quite small for his age - the sales clerk dubbed him approx 1 year old, says he was a late feeder but is happily eating weaner rats now. He was only about 2cm thick - is he unhealthy? should i maybe not consider him if he's a 'runt' ??

IMO~~ i got the small snake in the cluch and she is find abit smaller the the male who was top of the class at eatting but yeah she is getting there

On the subject of diamonds aam going to breed mine this year... was wondering if anyone has breeding expirience cos would love some tips and advice...

Have a good understanding of cooling diamonds properly.

Make sure the female is 6 years old or over with excellent condition. Males no less than 4 years old.

Bump on this -> any thoughts on my questions below??

thanks guys, yeah i went back to look at him again tonight - learned a bit about him too.
he's actually quite small for his age - the sales clerk dubbed him approx 1 year old, says he was a late feeder but is happily eating weaner rats now. He was only about 2cm thick - is he unhealthy? should i maybe not consider him if he's a 'runt' ??

Good looking diamonds are wild ones
zaz1-1.jpg

But if your talking captive ones...imo, stripes are the go
zaz-2.jpg

this little one are coloured up since I took this pic, and is really yellow...looks fantastic.

Have a good understanding of cooling diamonds properly.

Make sure the female is 6 years old or over with excellent condition. Males no less than 4 years old.

Any particular reason for this? Just because of a better chance of success or better and healthier offspring? Less stress on the female? I have had them breed in an outside enclosure at under 3 years but the egg yield was a lot lower.

Peter, I have found that older females handle the workload far better than younger ones, and produce a larger, more viable clutch of eggs.

to tell ya the truth strips dont do anything for me ay i personally lik a greener diamond but yet thats my thoughts

Here are 2 of my diamonds (previously posted before)

DSC00711.jpg

DSC00867.jpg

They were purchased as Gosfords in Germany but I am sure that they could no doubt resemble diamonds from many parts of the ranges!

Here are 2 of my diamonds (previously posted before)

DSC00711.jpg

DSC00867.jpg

They were purchased as Gosfords in Germany but I am sure that they could no doubt resemble diamonds from many parts of the ranges!

You're lying these can't be be yours! Overseas only has ugly hybrids! They cross everything and have nothing remotely pure! :lol:

Beautiful diamonds, they seem to have some of the nicest rosettes i've seen (By my opinion atleast :p for diamonds i like nice round shape and evenly spaces rather than forming bars).

Cheers Khagan. Means a lot considering you guys have the best to pick from compared to the miniscule populations that we have access to.

Love to know how much u paid for them, IMO they are unbelievable diamonds, hope ones a male and the other a female ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back