GTP and lacies out in the sun!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

benson

Reaction score
Too good a day today to resist. The little gtp was having a ball.

Attachments

• outside 004.jpg
    outside 004.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 398
  • outside 036.jpg
    outside 036.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 365
  • outside 025.jpg
    outside 025.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 449
Thanks all.
The gtp is just 7 months old, bit sad when it went green, oh well, still pretty!!
The cost of the cage??? The washing basket was VERY pricy, lol.
I think the aviary was a good price, new, $1000-00. delivered.
Was not hard to put up, but those logs are very heavy!!!!
Cheers
Toni

Thanks all.
The gtp is just 7 months old, bit sad when it went green, oh well, still pretty!!
Cheers
Toni
yeah i want a gtp but want it to stay yellow,the green is a nice color but would prefer it to keep its hatchie colors,very nice anyway mate,is he nasty?

Thanks all.
Cheers
Toni
could you give us some detailed info on the lacie enclosure, and more pics.
that looks great

Love the out door enclosure!! Im sure the washing basket set you back a fair bit!

What a top class enclosure for the Lacies,also should mention the Chondro is stunning...

hi benson, I would love to see some more detailed pics of your lacie enclosure. It looks awesome.
Pretty GTP too :)

Thanks so much everyone.
The aviary is held down by plenty of long pegs.
The floor is all weldmesh, I think it was about $250-00 just for the floor. And that was trade price.
All the floor is also attached all the way around, to the aviary, so no digging out, even though they never try anyway!!!
The upright logs, there is 3, also go from floor to roof, and these are all concreted in, a big job for hubby and son.
Here are a few more pics.
Cheers
Toni

Attachments

• Gem 001.jpg
    Gem 001.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 154
  • Gem 004.jpg
    Gem 004.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 143
  • Gem 005.jpg
    Gem 005.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 136
Great lacies and enclosure! Those pics and description will be a good reference for every time someone posts a question along the lines of "i'm thinking about getting a lacie. What size enclosure will it need."

The aviary is about 6-7 meters long, and about 3 meters deep.
We only have 2 lacies in there, I am afraid a third could be a prob if it was a male, and you really cannot tell as a hatchy, and thats the way I like to get them.
But its great for the 2 of them.
Their warm house is joined by a pipe, and they have both learnt to come in and out.
We have one more addition, should be finished in about a week. Another extension, made from weldmesh, and about 8 foot long. This will be to get them out a bit more into the full sun. They do get the sun, but with heaps of tree's, this new addition will be all full sun, with easy access as well. They are VERY smart, and do learn quick, I think anyway.
Cheers
Toni

awesome setup for the lacies. What do you use on the floor of the enclosure and how do you go about cleaning it out? do you have to remove the animals first or are they pretty relaxed and you are able to just work around them?

Cheers,
Dave

The aviary is about 6-7 meters long, and about 3 meters deep.
We only have 2 lacies in there, I am afraid a third could be a prob if it was a male, and you really cannot tell as a hatchy, and thats the way I like to get them.

Awesome setup :)

You can sex small goannas by candling to check for hemipenes so you should be able to get a female without any trouble.

Nice Enclosure

Great looking enclosure. Would you mind letting me know where you got the aviary from?, was it custom made? and do they deliver Australia wide?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back