Finally GHOST Darwin Eggs!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hybrids are the future of this hobby.
That's a stunner for sure Jas, love looking at your RP animals.
I can't wait till a few more years seeing and purchasing what these guys on the forefront of these projects produce...well done, I say dear fellows....well done.....
(he says trying to get a bit of humor back in the thread, with a dorky 18th century Englishman tone) :lol: :D

Well I do apologise, it was obviously meant as a joke and to get the message across that the idea of striped Darwins being IJ's is total rubbish.

Edit:leave me out of it Boa I don't appreciate it !

:oops: must only be GTP's that get smuggled ? :rolleyes:
there will be some beautiful jag - like "prossie's" around soon ;):lol:
like i said in my 1st post on this thread, I'm NOT accusing anyone of any wrong doing

good luck with the incubation zobo :D

cheers HK.

Last edited:
looked into it a bit chilli is right the anerythistic and hypo morh creates a hypo with a smokey sort of colour but the main trait seems to be that the slough is clear as idf the animal had no pattern. from what i have just read off several american sites

LOL,

it's all just water off a ducks back nowadays.
I only keep 'different' animals and no matter what I post there is always some varying opinions on them.

Say what you like but as far as I know they are pure Darwin (why would anyone bother smuggling IJ'S?)

You can get striped 'pure darwins' they are already in the albino line.

As previously stated I don't know Niks reasons for selling them but they did go to one breeder and the albino-ghost project is already underway but these things do not happen overnight!

Also as previously stated I know of 3 generations of this line and all show some ghost like features to varying degrees so it is inherited somehow.

Like Doc Rock has already stated not all morphs are mendelin in inheritence, some are complex.

I already bred this male to a striped darwin girl last year and got half like the father and half semi-striped, so there is something going on.

What people need to realise is that morphs need a lot of work/generations and I think from now on I will just keep to myself, breed them up and release them when they are understood (like Doc Rock) This avoids all this rubbish sbout hybrids etc everytime something new pops up.

I think I will lay low for a while now as I have a new bub and more important things in life.

I'll post more when I know all there is to know about the line in a few years time, just so as not to upset the gods! LOL

j

Doc Rock also had noted about the unexplained in his notes on his site.
I think it will probably take a few years yet before anyone can say they know 100% for sure what is going on with any line of any species

updated pic of the pair.
male has just shed and gets lighter all the time (4 years old now) and the female is just about to shed but is fully banded, yet half the bubs came out with heavy striping and a few like the father.

go figure?

j

Attachments

• darwin female pre-shed email.JPG
    darwin female pre-shed email.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 93
  • darwin male post shed email.JPG
    darwin male post shed email.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 99
  • darwin male post shed email 2.JPG
    darwin male post shed email 2.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 100
here is a girl from last season
this is from the same pair that the 10 eggs came from

jas

Attachments

• darwin female email 2.JPG
    darwin female email 2.JPG
    131.7 KB · Views: 120
  • darwin female email 09.JPG
    darwin female email 09.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 90
will be exciting to see the results when you put the male over that female holdback.

She is a stunner Jas,i gather she has the typical Darwin attitude as i can see the hook...All the best with this seasons eggs,hopefully their will be even more stunning hatchies in these eggs...MARK

thanks, the real fun will be when I pair this young 1 back to father, hopefully a few heavy reduced patterns like Nik has bred..

j

Your carpet needs a vacuum Jas. (the floor, not the snake) :p

fantastic looking animals mate, keep up the good work.

LOL,
yeah that is just the old mat in the snake shed........it won't get cleaned until they poo on it!

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back