Finally GHOST Darwin Eggs!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zobo

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Well I was about to give up hope that my female was going to lay, but finally after looking fairly thin (for a small gravid female) and going 42days after shedding....................10 perfect eggs!

Last year 8 good ones hatched so fingers crossed for all 10 this year as alot came out very well striped.

jas

now just waiting on the gravid striped female to go into shed cycle!

Attachments

• 14th aug 09 gravid stripe (1) email.jpg
    14th aug 09 gravid stripe (1) email.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 386
  • darwin email 1.JPG
    darwin email 1.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 590
well done mat, best of luck with them all.
got any pics of what female you paird the ghost with?

Thats some crazy looking Darwins. Cant say Im into normal Darwins, but the morph potential from these snakes seems really interesting.

Zobo, do you have a photo of the original "ghost darwin" that some young kid bred? I can't find pics of it anywhere. Do the ones you have bred look much like the first "ghost"??
Good luck with them.
Cheers,
Kris.

Zobo, do you have a photo of the original "ghost darwin" that some young kid bred? I can't find pics of it anywhere. Do the ones you have bred look much like the first "ghost"??
Good luck with them.
Cheers,
Kris.

As far as I know Nik STOCK first bred this line??

The pic is of the male ghost I have and the female is a fully banded girl, and last year they had 50:50 normal to heavyy striped, so will be interesting this year.

jas

Yeah, that's him. Are there any shots of the first one he produced?
Cheers,
Kris.

Great news Zobo,i hope with all the hard yards you have put into these you get some stunning hatchies.

I only have pics of mine, and Nik sold all his off to another breeder (unknown who).
He has bred several that appear to be a super form of mine and have heavily reduced patterns.
I have held back one of my girls from last season to pair over the father in a few years and then I am expecting some good results.

thanks

Well done Jason, it will be interesting to see what this seasons hatchlings look like. I will post a shot of one of last years later if I remember :)

Well im a huge fan of Darwins theres some extrodinary animals being produced these days,BUT alot of years in the making of these Ghost Darwins...Im very interested in seeing the results from these.Also im wondering if any has breed a Ghost darwin with a Albino darwin,if so what was the outcome.IMO that would turn up a few different looking ones...Keep up the awesome job with these Darwins,once i save a few pennies they would certaintly be on top of my list..

the other unknown breeder who now has them is working with the albino line, and hopefully I will be doing same in next few years. But my albinos are not even born yet, maybe next season.

If there is someone reliable around Brissie with a adult FEMALE albino next year willing to sacrifice a year of albinos to go over this line, my ghost male would be keen for some company LOL

Hey Zobo

Could you tell us about the previous clutch please , how the genetics work with this morph ect.
are all ghosts heavily striped ? or is there a banded version ?

Cheers Fj

Is the ghost line proven?, Didnt Nick Stock have enough
time to prove this line?
Could it be possible that its just a couple of really nice Darwins
that hatched. Why would Nick Stock sell these nice Darwins unproven geneticly,?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back