OMG Woot 1st snake !!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be worth leaving him for a week before you offer food.
Give him time to settle in. I messed up shoving food in my jungles face when i first got him, put him off food for a few months.

don't worry if he doesn't eat tonight. sometimes snakes can get a little stressed with the moving of the house, and won't eat for a couple of weeks til they've settled in.
also, as tempting as it is, normally don't handle them until they've started eating solidly with you. cuz that can stress them too.
and i'm sure you know not to handle for a couple of days after feeding.... :)

but if he feeds tonight you might have a very relaxed little dude. not like my childrens.... damn spawn of satan snake!!

tsk tsk *shakes finger* naughty you BFG. lol. i offered my spotted food the day after he came home, as i was a little noob. damn snake nearly took my face off trying to get to the mouse! lol. guaranteed to say he's never missed a feed in his life. took his first quail the other night, almost took my leg with him too. crazy little boy!!

Yeah i got him with the enclosure he is in right now the only difference is different zone. Also today is feed day for him (says the owner) So i will try to feed him tonight. Hes really calm and doesnt mind being picked up And yeah i understand to not hold them after feeding for digestion and other factors.

Forgot to add thats not his enclosure in the background haha and yeah i gave him some water and he went over to investigate and hes been moving around ( mainly sits in his two hides) doesnt mind being held its really good

Dont stress him out by picking him up too much in the first week, limit it to when you have to, i know its hard not to fiddle, but its better for him he is probably tolerant right now because he doesnt have a clue on whats going on!

Lol i understand i only picked him up because everyone wanted to see him but now im letting him settle down nothing is new its just a different area code ;P Same enclosure that hes had for his whole life but yeah i understand i will offer food tonight if he takes it awesome

Lol so true ;P But my mum is enforcing it this time
But im so glad she has let me get a snake shes not so good looking at hit i think in like 3 years i think the lid can come off when shes around haha.. Yeah im about to try to feed it.. Its been leaning out of the hide and when my hand goes its tongue is going crazy and it follows so it does want something to eat hahs

just wanted to say ur mom is awesome for giving in and welcome to the herp community!!:D

I already have a bearded dragon and a Broad Banded Sand Swimmer but she was NEVER EVER going to let me get a snake but shes been gradually saying ill think about it but just recently she said ok you can get one :D:D:D

Im glad you liked it its a great snake. I knew you wouldnt have any problems in feeding its never missed a feed. You will have great fun with it its just so placid and dont mind who handles it im sure you wont have any problems. Keep me up dated Thanks

tsk tsk *shakes finger* naughty you BFG. lol. i offered my spotted food the day after he came home, as i was a little noob. damn snake nearly took my face off trying to get to the mouse! lol. guaranteed to say he's never missed a feed in his life. took his first quail the other night, almost took my leg with him too. crazy little boy!!
hahahahhahaha thats gold, same with mine so crazy for a feed.. he gets so curled up and strikes so hard.. once he on his branch and i put the fuzzy in front of him and he got sooo soooo excited he went to strike it and flew through the air and land down below in the fake grass poor baby forgot to hold on... :lol:
heres a pic so you can see where he landed :lol:
pom-checking-hurc-housey-17112.jpg

I already have a bearded dragon and a Broad Banded Sand Swimmer but she was NEVER EVER going to let me get a snake but shes been gradually saying ill think about it but just recently she said ok you can get one :D:D:D
hahaha same with my mum but i got it before she could do anything about it :lol: now she loves him.. bet your mum will come around. it takes a while. took mum months but now she adores him. have you named him??

nah no names yet but my mum screamed like in shock when it struck the mouse but shes very curious doesnt like it if its out but she can watch it ;P Im sure after a few months she will want to hold it and feed it *cough* yeah right *cough*

But yeah Hendo this is a really nice snake and im so glad that I got him or her ;P Ive heard people talk of aggressive 1st snakes but this one is really calm and yeah was so happy to see that mouse drop by haha

haha good job on getting a snake! I just got a stimmi yearling... not sure what to name her. She keeps climbing up too high and then has trouble getting down though. silly fish.

Attachments

• P1040356.jpg
    P1040356.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 23
  • P1040338.jpg
    P1040338.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 22
Lol my little fella/girl is quite the inquistive character =D nightime is its 'playtime' has abit of a wander then heads back to roost .. Very very calm snake when handled Im so glad I decided to get a snake =D Just makes me wanna get more when im older haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back