Show us your Diamond Pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
couple i have over the years....

Attachments

• diamond pythons.jpg
    diamond pythons.jpg
    592.8 KB · Views: 207
  • Diamonds 006.jpg
    Diamonds 006.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 135
  • reptiles 004.jpg
    reptiles 004.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 150
The first one Ecosnake is awesome,was it a female and gravid in that picture or did it just eaten,beautiful looking snakes,and i gather the last photo is the same as 1st....If it is a female she would go really nice with a male that i have here...Look very simarlar...MARK

A couple of pics from the other day of my Zeph

Attachments

• IMG_1812med.jpg
    IMG_1812med.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_1818med.jpg
    IMG_1818med.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 109
Ill have to upload some more of mine, Last time i uploaded them they were completly black, now there colours have come right through and im very happy with how they are going

P1010033.jpg

P1010039.jpg

This is my old boy slick, he passed on last winter aged 19, good lookin diamond tough.

P1010033.jpg

P1010039.jpg

This is my old boy slick, he passed on last winter aged 19, good lookin diamond tough.

Mate, sorry to here of the lose, but i can only hope my diamonds turn out half as good as that... amazing

Thanks mate, he was a gorgeous snake, but didn't know how to turn his feeding response off lol. If something moved within striking distance, it got had, so I never tried mating him, which I now regret.

Not far off celebrating his first birthday! & just starting his colour change, should be an interesting next few months..

Attachments

• D_Dec_09.JPG
    D_Dec_09.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 104
Can anyone tell me how well Diamonds hold up in hot and humid conditions (eg Brisbane) and how to manage this for them? PM if too off-topic for this thread.

Cheers

I keep Diamonds in brissie- they do fine- I just have a large enclosure aout 4 ft x 4 ft I think it is- a big square one with UV and heat lamps (infra red) . They have lots of platforms and perches in that one-
underneath I have a seperate enclosure which fits the width of the top one perfectly- but is only 60 cm high- this one has a hide box, no heat, no artificial light, and a large water bowl.

So I drilled a 15 cm hole through the floor of the top into the roof of the bottom one- joined it with a thick piece of pipe, and they can just cruise between the two- they both love it. There is a massive gradient between the two, and I only put the heat on for a couple of hours in the morning for them during Summer, as it is 30-40 here as you know ... I put it on after a feed too so they can digest a little better- apart from that the natural gradient works wonders for them- they dont ever refuse a feed and they are pretty active unlike alot of the Southern varieties- plus picking the Male up from Pythons73 didnt hurt- he is a machine !!!

I will try and get some pics up on my profile and PM you if you are considering setting something up. Diaomonds are my favourite of all our snakes- i watch them lots more than the Albinos

Remember, Diamonds are pretty hardy and there are natural integrades up this far- i rescued one with a busted tail a year ago, fed him and healed him and sent him on his way, and he was a VERY large lad at 8 to 10 ft- even with half a tail- and lots of scars from trying to eat Possums- he had been living in my roof in the city (paddo) for a while judging by the amount of skin hanging up there.

Love the third picture venkeeper! The contrast is amazing. :)

-Will

thanks pinkmus, helps when you have a damn good camera, with pro lighting and a some friendly snakes when your up nice and close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back