Show us your Diamond Pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's great to see so many beautiful Diamonds in this thread.
There's too many to mention individually, however that last B&W is particularly attractive.8)
It's well contrasted against the yellow specimen too.

Last edited by a moderator:
As requested from zen...a fully body shot:

DSC_0262.jpg

zen, there was no special lighting or macro used as in the previous shots with this photo, just a Canon 500D with a 250 lense outdoor in full sunlight.

Cheers

What gorgeous pythons you have, venkeeper. They are amazingly spectacular. The black and white looks so pure but then the yellow one looks stunning, too.

I have seen pics of beautiful diamonds but I think yours is the best I've seen - no offence to anybody else's lovely animals - or you just know how to take awesome pics but you still need awesome animals to be able to do that :D

I am about to feed my diamonds. Male comes inside to feed, will soon see if she is ready to eat yet. Still no sign of dropping any eggs so still not sure whats up with her :?

here are some pics of my little girl pearl. she was bread from slimebo. she is now neally 2. i have done pics from young up to about 1 and a half i do not have up to date.

Attachments

• pearl.JPG
    pearl.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 92
  • pearl 1.jpg
    pearl 1.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 85
  • pearl 2.jpg
    pearl 2.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 82
  • pearl 4.jpg
    pearl 4.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 83
  • pearl 16.jpg
    pearl 16.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 97
.....I am about to feed my diamonds. Male comes inside to feed, will soon see if she is ready to eat yet. Still no sign of dropping any eggs so still not sure whats up with her :?

YAY!!! My female has taken a rat. 'Bout bloody time. But she did recently shed her first "normal" shed since I've had her so maybe something there has been the problem. She has a rat but she is throwing it around - snakes don't forget how to eat do they? I've had them since March last year and this is only the 2nd feed the female has taken but she is yet to settle down and eat it...

that is one of the nicest collections of diamounds i have ever seen
Well done everyone they are all beaytiful :D i m hoping to get a diamound in the next year or so

Pics or didn't happen...hehe

My beautiful pair - both seem to be finally on the right track and settled nicely. I lost a lot of confidence when I lost Pippa but this pair have come forward 200% with Tara (female) taking her first decent feed. Last feed was August and only accepted 2 mice. Today she downed 4 weaner rats, and so did Hannah. :D Who gives a damn about crap at work when you can come home to such a beautiful reminder of why we actually go to work.
Hannah on kitchen floor..
P1180803.jpg

P1180826.jpg

Tara in avairy..
P1180829.jpg

Thanks Jimmy and ST. Yeah she is getting yellower now. Just got my partly finished enclosure into the room and it's looking fine. Now I'm thinking of having just two large sections of glass in the front so it'll look better than having smaller panes.

-Will

Wow guys! I really jealous about the diamonds you guys have!

Love the black and white, low white ones!

A Diamond Python in my parents yard a year or so ago was the trigger for me getting into snakes...It was so beautiful and almost tame..it didnt care that we stood only 2 feet or so from it admiring it.

Anyway, after reading the literature re the "diamond syndrome" etc I decided this would not be a good first snake for me.

However, I have a balcony that gets the morning sun and is 98% protected from inclement weather (i.e only gets wet in severe windblown rain)....I am thinking of a 2010 project to build a double enclosure out of marine ply to place there. It will be 2.3 m high x 1.2 m wide (as this is the length that marine ply comes in)...tho the wood alone will probably cost around $700 or more from my initial enquiries. Got to try and find a cheaper source as it is $250 a sheet from bunnings and I will need 3 sheets.

if thats what u want contact mister ply and wood.. much cheaper and will cut it all up cheap
also u can look in the trading post.. good prices for marine ply

if thats what u want contact mister ply and wood.. much cheaper and will cut it all up cheap
also u can look in the trading post.. good prices for marine ply

thanks for that..will do...just googled the name and there is one reasonably close...I note they also sell perspex which is also on my shopping list for an outdoor pit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back