md not feeding help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slinkey

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hey guys i brought a md off inthegrass a user in this site and ive had her for 4 days now. my only problem is that she doesnt want to eat she is 11 months old i dont get it. i left her for a couple of days when got her and i tried to to feed her every day since she just doesnt want it. if any1 can help please post. thanks

hmm i heard somewhere, if you crack open the mouse/rats head it makes it more inticing...never had to do it so im not sure if it works,

are your temps right?

She probably hasnt settled in yet.
I left my MD alone for just over a week before I tried feeding. He took it str8 away.
Just wait a little longer and try again later.
And if youy dont have much luck, dont stress. Snakes can go ages without food before it affects their health in a bad way.

Also, what are you feeding it?
Did you find out what she was being fed by the last owner?

im feed her furry rats well trying lol. and what you guys said i might just leave her for a little while before trying again. but if any1 else has a solution please post

what are you doing, are you trying to say that i sold you a dud snake, what i do not understand why you did not pm me and ask for more advice, instead of putting my name up in lights.
i am not impressed.
some snakes do not eat for weeks after being moved, what size enclosurer is the md in?, what size mouse/rat did you try and feed her?.

Jeebus.. leave her alone..try again in a week or so.

yeah, that would be the best idea.

snakes can go for ages without eating, especially by 11 months old.

does it have lots of hides?
correct heat?

I dont think slinkey is having a go at you in the grass, I think they are just trying to get a variety of info.. No such thing as a dud snake. Slinkey you should leave it for a week at least or even a bit longer before trying to feed it, a couple of days is too soon after relocating it to a new home to try and feed it.

hey guys i brought a md off inthegrass a user in this site and ive had her for 4 days now. my only problem is that she doesnt want to eat she is 11 months old i dont get it. i left her for a couple of days when got her and i tried to to feed her every day since she just doesnt want it. if any1 can help please post. thanks

4 days isn't very long, mine didn't feed for about a month when I got him.
Also when I thought I was having a problem, I didn't name names, I sent a message to the person I bought him from and got replies that way. Also, if you do need assistance by following protocol and NOT naming, you won't make enemies and are more than likely to be helped.

inthegrass i pmed you the other and i got no response.. im not saying anything bad about you im just worried okay nothing againest you. im just worried okay im still new to this all i need is help.

i think you will find i had answered that question in the pm.
anyhow tongue is now bitten.
cheers

inthegrass i pmed you the other and i got no response.. im not saying anything bad about you im just worried okay nothing againest you. im just worried okay im still new to this all i need is help.
Thats fair enough this sight is the place to find help but you prob didnt need to mention the name of the person that you bought it of.good luck.

guys dont gudge inthegrass because of what i have said he is a great guy. im just after help and ideas.

Bloody hell thats a bit low slinkey....

You've only had it for a few days & your not only concerned over nothing, your naming the seller??

I don't understand why you would feel the need to do that...

I get the impression you have not researched at all before purchasing

otherwise you would know that snakes do take time to adjust into a new invironment.

Do not handle him do not annoy him & leave him to settle in for a week or 2.

He is a yearling almost as well, so I highly doubt that a few days, weeks etc..

is going to affect his health or well being.

the md might not be hungry! did the last owner tell you when they feed it last?
im with the others just let it settle in first.
my 1yr old coastal feed for me every week without fail until about 5 weeks ago where she hasnt eaten since, she is still great to hold and very active.
just give the md a week or so

We always give our new snakes about 2 weeks settling in time before we try to feed or handle much, especially at that age, just let it rest a while.

As has been said most snakes take a while before they will eat after the big move! Also information on the enclosure set up would help and also where it is situated and how many people have been checkin your new snake out in the last few days.
I understand that you where concerned but all it takes is a bit of reserch before naming names.

MD

Hey guys leave slinky alone, he wasn't attacking at all. As a matter of fact I can vouch for INthegrass as I have a brother to slinky's and never had one bit of troble, he arrived in good nick and am very happy with him.He eats every week and handles lovely.

well i got another md and ive had him for 2 or 3 months and ive had no trouble but you have to start somewhere. i done research and all just i was worried im still learning as all you other beginners out there. i will now leave her for a week or two and see what happens after that. but thanks to all you people out there how helped and not had ago at me.

Hey guys leave slinky alone, he wasn't attacking at all. As a matter of fact I can vouch for INthegrass as I have a brother to slinky's and never had one bit of troble, he arrived in good nick and am very happy with him.He eats every week and handles lovely.
I didn't attack slinky, I simply stated that he would get more help by not naming the seller. As you saw people weren't pleased at this.
I think you'll find he will eat when he settles and gets hungry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back