md not feeding help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think slinkey is having a go at you in the grass, I think they are just trying to get a variety of info.. No such thing as a dud snake. Slinkey you should leave it for a week at least or even a bit longer before trying to feed it, a couple of days is too soon after relocating it to a new home to try and feed it.

There is such a thing as dud snakes, they are either gentically rubbish or have had environmental problems such as incubation problems. They should be culled, but some sell them on to ignorant buyers for quick cash, hence why such a post can damage ones reputation. The only thing that hopefully prevents damage to the sellers reputation is the apparent lack of experience of the person who named them. Im not saying they are trying to slander but it can come accross that way. It seems that they had no intention of slander, so hopefully its just a storm in a tea cup.

Reptiles are individuals as well as being a range of diverse species, i have had reptiles feed within 10 minutes of being out of a bag after flying across the country. I have also had a MD carpet try to bite defensively after being transported.

Not a comment on this particular snake, the breeder or anything like it, however as Cris mentions there are some reptiles that we allow to live that should perhaps die, we have great success in captivity when it comes to eggs hatching, this is not natural selection and often we continue to breed inferior snakes because of it.

Back to the topic though, it is important to let a reptile settle for a short while before attempting to feed it. Just remember that it has undergone stress and is in a new unfamiliar environment, so it will not be ready to feed just yet....give it a short rest period, it should come up fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back