Near perfect [imo]

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

solar 17

This enclosure was made by jkcustoms but l believe it is close to perfect [IMO] for GTPS, and all climbers, it,s heated with a habistat radiant panel, has removable / replaceable natural perches and most of all a lower door that opens with a fully removable black tub which can be removed and cleaned without annoying your critter [great ].....that is an adult GTP that can be seen for size ideas.....cheers solar 17 [Baden]
4274469779_39c4b03ed9.jpg

4274475441_d66eb6984c.jpg

How does it fair holding the heat in? That vent is pretty high up..... I made a couple of enclosures with vents that high and found the heat escaped fairly easily. But then again it gets a bit cooler here than sunny brisvegas..

I love that setup.. It would make cleaning and even collecting eggs easier as well, considering you could have the breeding box in the tub...

very nice little setup there indeed, is there a misting system in there or do you hand mist??

What substrate do you use in the bottom??

Great idea but i think those perch holders really spoil it.

Two Points

Firstly l hand / bottle spray mist and during winter / cooler months l tape the outside rear of the vents over to prevent heat loss, although surprisingly its not a big issue here in Brizzy...cheers solar 17 [Baden]

I was joking Solar! I was trying to find something wrong with the cage and thats all i could come up with. I really have to learn how these silly emoticons work.

very nice.....I think someone else asked this earlier but what do you put in the tub? just newspaper?

How deep is the tub? by the looks of it you would need ot have a reasonable size snake to go into this setup as it looks quite a distance from the floor (of the tub) to the lowest climb.

What are the overall dimensions as well?

Sorry for all the questions baden....ill either ask you know or when I see you next so you may as well answer now!

You also say near perfect, is there anything you would change if you did it again?

Cheers,
Dave

Tub Size

l believe any well advanced yearling would be ok in there, a friend has a yearling GTP in his no probs, personally l just wash/hose mine out weekly or after they have been soiled but if you had jungles or bredli in there you could have newspaper or any substrate you desired in the tub....l just think they a great enclosure and so easy to maintain.....cheers solar 17 [Baden]

Is there any chance of the python being able to make its way below the tub or is it a really tight fit?

& What kind of waterproofing is used on the melamine?

Looks great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back