new accies owner

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fabregasreptiles

Reaction score
hi,

just wondering if i should leave my infared heat lamp on all the time inuding at night. also what do i do with the uv light. do they need uv light??? and do i switch everything off at night. (light and heat)??? and these are hatchlings. so what do i switch off at night and how long of daylight do they need??? and do they need uv??

thanks to you who can asnwer these qustions

any help would be great. also, what should the temps be on the hot side and cold side???

personally I turn my heat off at night for adults and provide heat for hatchies 24/7, they dont absolutely need UV like dragons do but it wont hurt. make sure you soak them in some shallow water once a day as they quite often dehydrate and die when young.

Run both lights on a 12 hour cycle. 12 hours on 12 hours off. Its up to you if you provide UV or not, some do some dont. The only temp I would worry about is the actual basking spot, I have mine at 65oC+. The cooler side is whatever the room temp is. The temps on the warmer side away from the basking site arent really important just that there is variation (a big plus if you have a stack)

but how will they sleep at night if they have the infa red light all thorugh the night. wont it disturb their sleep.

and also, what should be their temps on the hot and cool side

is it ok if my hot spot is 40 degrees and my cool side is like 30 degrees????

is this ok. so i will switch everything on at 7:30am and off at like 8:30pm

is this all ok??? for the hatchling accies

Hot spot should be 50-60 degrees. Cool end of the enclosure whatever the room temperature is - but ideally around 20 degrees minimum. The cool end really doesn't matter if it gets cool as long as you have a constant hot spot and different areas throughout the enclosure where the monitors can rest at different temperatures. Keep the light on all day and night, feed them plenty of food daily, keep a small water bowl in the enclosure and mist lightly once or twice a week. With these animals I've never had any experience with dehydration as youngsters as someone else suggested - try what you want regarding that.

UV is fine if you want to use it (and the colours will be much prettier) but leave the heat on all the time. It won't "disturb their sleep". As long as the room has a window they will still follow the natural cycles of the day/night periods.

is it ok if my hot spot is 40 degrees and my cool side is like 30 degrees????

is this ok. so i will switch everything on at 7:30am and off at like 8:30pm

is this all ok??? for the hatchling accies

You need a hotter hot spot than this, if your light is fixed to the roof of your enclosure, raise the stack up higher. If your light can move then lower it so its closer to the basking spot. For your cooler spot if 30oC is what your room is atm then thats fine. If the room is cooler then put more vents on the cool side to let the heat escape that side.

Those times are fine

I only put their night light on if the temps drop below 23 other wise rhey should be fine. Like tonight they shouldn't need it. Also basking spot needs to be a bit warmer but don't up the wattage of the light as u don't want it to much hotter than 30 at the cool end. But as long as the temp at rhe cool end doesn't drop below 20 you are fine :) hit end dosebt matter ad long as they have a hot basking spot :) any questions or help that you need just text me or some thing :) hope they go well!

yeah. thanks for your replies guys. and thanks for the accies. funny story, when i brought them back, i went past petbarn to get a few stuff and i left the 2 accies in the car. when i got back, they were very hot and were opening and closing their mouths. i took both out and cooled them down the rest of the ride home. luckily we weren't in the shop long but if we were, they could be in much more danger. now they are sleeping in their enclosure and before were running around everywehre exploring so so far so good.

also, how is the woma doing??

any other info about their enlclosure stuff wll still bad so post if you want

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back