Water Dragon Pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
jasper captives have the potental to out grow wild ones,more ready access to food,biggest one of seen was a wild one,it was missing most of its tail but head body size was enormous,head as big around the circumference as my hand,note i have big hands

also the pics
of y
our friends waterdragons you said male gwd,female ewd,the male is an eastern,the females to me look eastern cross gippslands,u can tell cause gippy girls dont have the eye banding like eastern females,but they have the gippy coloration hence my eastern cross gippy guesstimation

Another wild Eastern, I think its a girl (sorry crappy camera)

Attachments

• Copy of 100_2027.jpg
    Copy of 100_2027.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 74
Thanks for posting the pics, the thread seemed to start a bit slow but its getting better now :)

jasper captives have the potental to out grow wild ones,more ready access to food,biggest one of seen was a wild one,it was missing most of its tail but head body size was enormous,head as big around the circumference as my hand,note i have big hands

While its more likely a well kept captive will get bigger than a wild one, there is much more genetic variation in wild, which makes it a hard question to answer. The biggest water dragon i have seen would have been about 1m long, it was wild but almost definately fed heaps by humans.

also the pics
of y
our friends waterdragons you said male gwd,female ewd,the male is an eastern,the females to me look eastern cross gippslands,u can tell cause gippy girls dont have the eye banding like eastern females,but they have the gippy coloration hence my eastern cross gippy guesstimation
I would assume all are likely to be hybrids. It is hard to know for sure though.

Here is a nice young male EWD that is often hanging around my place.

Attachments

• ewd.jpg
    ewd.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 70
im in lurve,....more to add to the ever growinbg wish list!!

hi all. Here's a couple of updated pics of the lizard i bought as a western water dragon, plus one of her enclosure.

Attachments

• PIC_0765.jpg
    PIC_0765.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 88
  • PIC_0772.jpg
    PIC_0772.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 81
  • PIC_0768.jpg
    PIC_0768.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 109
I'm no expert jimbomma but I believe they are eastern water dragons but please don't hesitate to correct me if I'm wrong

I really like Water Dragons and i really want some. Does anyone know someone selling?
thanks

yewherper,if u look in the forsales they are quite commonly for sale,i normally have left overs each season

jimbomma,they are eastern water dragons,theres no scientificly named subspecies from the west,its my belief they are just a western population of easterns,or perhaps offspring for the introduced specimens found in certain areas in sa

scott_lee86 and richardsc - you are both correct. she is an eastern and is offspring from the adelaide population. was sold with the name as being from the most western part of the distribution. still... the photos don't do her justice. she looks different to easterns. she's much smaller for her age. and i think her markings are more spectacular. i had two. the male past away. they're proving harder to keep than normal water dragons. i along with two other more experienced handlers than me, bought two of these lizards each, and i have the only remaining one. i hope to get another male soon.

thread necro! :D

Got some nice EWD pics from around University of Queensland.

1st and 2nd pick are just two nice big ones i found. 3rd and 4th is of one that was in the tree, he/she is hard to spot, but it had the strangest patches of pure white colouring, that seemed to be symmetrical on its body, its easier to see in the second pick, could this be some kind of disease? genes gone wrong? birth defect? 5th pic is just a nice fella that let me get pretty close! more to come!

Attachments

• IMG_0034.JPG
    IMG_0034.JPG
    189.1 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0050.jpg
    IMG_0050.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0048.jpg
    IMG_0048.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0051.jpg
    IMG_0051.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0061.jpg
    IMG_0061.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 75
You want pics?!? I gots pics! All of these are of my male EWD, Spike. Some when I first got him. And some of him now, at 4 years old.

Aren't you quite the photographer they are some of the best WD pics I have seen, hope you are entering the APS calender comp. Gr8 photo's and nice Dragon

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back