Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kavsreptiles

Reaction score
hi all im very very keen on getting an olive python and am askin for ppls opinions on what price is average i dont mind paying more if from a reputable breeder and also any information on breeders so i can find one (pref south east qld so i can view the hatchys or yearling)

i really want an olive as they were the very 1st reptile i held at a show in longreach and brought on my obsession with pythons and reptiles

Other than price, specifically, what do you want to know?

Prices range from $300 to $10,000+

i think a reasonable price is $350 for male and $450 for female.
i got mine a bit cheaper thanx to mates rates. but, i would pay double, they have been the best python to own. if u get a good one, then they are a treasure, my pair are both angels, in 12 months neither has looked like they were going to strike...
cheers
mel

$300ea is what I payed for my hatchys 3 years ago.
They are nice big calm snakes untill one day they just swing round and latch on!
Nothing like trying to get a 8 foot snake of off someones arm!

i paid $400 for a female last season. so you'd probably be expecting to pay $350 to $450. Brisbane area, I think your best bet is true blue or den. but tony on the gold coast is who bred mine and he sold off the whole clutch to a couple, whom i then bought Penelope from... :)
and yes they're fantastic snakes. Penelope's never bitten, but is still super speedy and i'm worried about her slithering away. lol. also around 5 to 6 feet at 1 year old. AWESOME!

agreed. ig ot a pair from trueblue last season
absoloute great snakes
always inquisiative, whenever i walk into snake room they pop there heads out to see whats going on.
great handlers by far my favourite snakes

id pay up to $450. that is where i personally think they should sit on the market as they are a large python. alot of time and effort goes into being successful with them, in a breeders point of view. i payed $450 for my girl would do it again.

PICT0022 (Small).JPG

DSCF6209 (Small).JPG

DSCF6210 (Small).JPG
You can't go wrong with an Olive .My girl would have to be the most friendly of snakes around .I paid $800 for her but money is no object when it comes to placid and friendly snakes I reckon.

This is a photo I took of an olive on the side of the road in Kakadu - sadly people even litter in this great place (rum can in photo)........
attachment.php

I paid around 800 for my male around 6-7 yrs ago....my big female i paid 800 for but she was an adult ......my little female i paid 500 for as a yearling....im gonna try to breed mine this yr and if successful ill prob sell the hatchies for 400 each regardless of sex

I paid around 800 for my male around 6-7 yrs ago....my big female i paid 800 for but she was an adult ......my little female i paid 500 for as a yearling....im gonna try to breed mine this yr and if successful ill prob sell the hatchies for 400 each regardless of sex
Give ya 350...

i paid $900 for my big male , $800 for my adult female and traded a darwin female for my younger girl but she is work about $600-$700, there my favourite snakes, they have the best temperment when handling, but watch out when your feeding them as they have the strongest feeding responce of all my snakes.

there size dont scare me and im like a miniture person (148cm) :D
always and will always want one and i am envious to who ever keeps them, they are dream snakes :) and i hope to own one one day :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back