Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i cant wait!!!!

am definetly saving my pennys for an olive they are the most beautiful of all pythons i think

Olives are wonderful snakes my 10ft girl is a pussy cat as long as there isnt the hint of rat in the air lol,as affroalex said 'great feeding response'.
As a breeder i do think they are worth $400 ea but this season im selling them for $380 due too the economy at the moment and i know 20 bucks isn't that much but too some it helps and it's 40 if u buy a pair, especially if they want too freight as it nilly pays for it.

All in all they are a great snake and my big female takes down 1.3KG rabbits and thats an amazing thing too watch

All in all they are a great snake and my big female takes down 1.3KG rabbits and thats an amazing thing too watch

got any poo pix? (next to something for size comparison) :p
they must be ENORMOUS!!!

View attachment 119435

View attachment 119436

View attachment 119438
You can't go wrong with an Olive .My girl would have to be the most friendly of snakes around .I paid $800 for her but money is no object when it comes to placid and friendly snakes I reckon.

What a beautiful snake, I can't wait for mine to get that big. Though they have to stop biting me first. Very cage defensive at 2yrs old and approx 6-61/2 ft. Mind you once I get them out they are angels.
I find all my snakes have differnet personalities. The Bredli are sooo placid all the time. My BHP's have never bitten but startle easy and my male wont eat for a week if he gets frightened by something (he's over 8ft long the big pussy), they are all wonderful. Both olives are great once out of their cage but savage whilst in it. (the males a pig and the female is finicky).

What a beautiful snake, I can't wait for mine to get that big. Though they have to stop biting me first. Very cage defensive at 2yrs old and approx 6-61/2 ft. Mind you once I get them out they are angels.
I find all my snakes have differnet personalities. The Bredli are sooo placid all the time. My BHP's have never bitten but startle easy and my male wont eat for a week if he gets frightened by something (he's over 8ft long the big pussy), they are all wonderful. Both olives are great once out of their cage but savage whilst in it. (the males a pig and the female is finicky).
Yeah know of a few people that have Olives with a bit of attitude .I have been lucky with all my snakes for being placid pussy cats except scrubby she would be quiet happy to just kill me LOL .

i think olives may be my favourite snake by far. my boy loves his food and if it moves and its warm he'll take a bite of it, fingers, feet, nothing is safe around him at the moment ;). and with that attitude its no wonder he is growing so quickly. i'll definatly be looking to buy him a more placid female soon.
i paid $400 for him which i think is a reasonable price for the average olive.

My pair are ayear old, and 5' long, they are fantastic snakes. In the cage, they are pure psycho! outside, they are a pure pleasure. Just waiting on the glass, now, for their new 8' housing....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back