Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fangus

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
Just thought I would post some photos of my snake in the bath. I dont normally do this but he shed last night and as usuall he did a poo at the same time then crawled through it and did some "finger paintings" on the glass of his enclosure ... Sooo BATH TIME !!!!
he didn't seem to mind too much took him a second to get used to it, then just kept tryin to get out.. didn't get agro or anything.

Just wondering if anyone has a similar story ..or tips on how to clean a dirty snake

DSCF1356.jpg
DSCF1355.jpg

I regularly put some of my snakes in a warm bath. My water pythons often take food under water in the bath the love it don`t worry the bath is only used for the snakes and to bath the dog.

i put mine on the grass outside then hose them.. they seem to like it...

We used to have a 8 foot plus male coastal carpet python, on once or twice we had to give him a "BATH" to help him through a bad shed.....
Hubby held him in the water while I washed him.....
Have done it with a couple of our other snakes as well....

I've had to wash my spotted python because of a bad shed. I used warmish water. Since he's still small I found a large tupperware container & put him in that. -- Sounds sooo cruel!! He just kept sliding around, I used a washer to hold him, which he seemed ok with, he did get a bit p**sed off hen I wet his head though. But he was dry all over. Then I wrapped him up in a towel & dried him. Next time I might use the bath though!!

i have had 2 wash a few of mine i usually get a damp towl & let them slide through it but when they get bigger i may have to use the bath

ive attached a few pics of my little man jaffa bathing him self.:)

Attachments

• DSCF1801.jpg
    DSCF1801.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 55
  • DSCF1803.jpg
    DSCF1803.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 51
  • DSCF1805.jpg
    DSCF1805.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 55
Yeh if mine have blood or crap all over them then i chuck em in a warm bath or hose them off on the lawn, my olive loved it her first time and swam for a good 5mins then crapped.

DSCF0906.jpg

DSCF0909.jpgDSCF0911.jpgDSCF0913.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF0908.jpg
    DSCF0908.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 43
Interesting :) i was wondering how or what to do to get the burst fuzzie of my lil guy... figured he might wash it off himself in his water bowl, but will try some warm water or a damp towel :)

Front loading washing machine does the trick, chuck 'em in, pour a bit of Cuddly into the conditioner tray, put the maching on the quickest cycle; they come out smelling all fresh and lovely!
(ummm not really, but sounds good........... least effort too!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back