feeding time

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pythrulz

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone just some feeding advice.I have 4 coastal hatchies Im feeding them pinkie rats.Once a week is that suitable.There about 6 months old now dont really know the size but three of them have shed Im fairly new here had my snakes nearly two months now there always on this site every day reading threads and learning heaps

i've got a a 5 month old coastal that is eating velvet/fuzzy rats every 4-6 days, usually wait till he craps then will offer a feed the next night. He has shed 3 times and is approx 70cm and 60g.

ok thanks for the quick reply tigerCoastal might up there food next time

Hi I/ve got a 5mth old MD who on Pinkie rats but are giving him 2 @ a time to use up rats then have been told to upsize to fuzzy apparently the fur & bone mass help heaps He's just shed his 1st for us today good feeling looks gr8 now Smashed his rat 2nite real fast
hung off his perch in his water bowl lol

Hi everyone fed my pair of 6 month coastal hatchies 2 pinkie rats striked at them as soon as i opened there click clacks(just as well i used tongs this time,last time i used my hand the male thought it was the rat bite me instead of the food drew blood).we all learn from our mistakes would of took pics but havent quite learned how to attach them yet

my 7 month old jungle is eating 1 or 2 adult mice. dont be scared to offer a bigger prey item. they can handle alot, and if they cant fit it in they will stop. but it should take around 10-15 min of actual eating to get the prey down imo. or give them 2 or 3 little ones to use them up..

wow i have a 7 month old coastal and im still feeding him velvet mice still leaves a good lump in his belly thinking of up sizing soon though

Driftoz - Was he a slow starter? At 7 months most carpets will be on multiple hopper/weaner rats...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back