ackies= enclosure help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rayloz

Not so new Member
Reaction score
i have an enclosure with a wire mesh front .. how will an ackie go with that .. as i have known other species ( hurt their nose ) ... or any one keep these with same kinda set up ? thanx.:p

Is the whole front of the enclosure wire mesh? It will most probably climb up the mesh. They are great at trying to escape after climbing up and finding a small opening...

Ray - They climb quite well. If you can mantain the heat that they require with your wire enclosure then it should be fine. Be aware though, they are designed to fit into small gaps so the mesh would have to be considerably smaller than the animal...

yer thats no problem no gaps and the gaps in the mesh is only 6mm squared .. thanks for the feed back ..and if they were to climb up it .. it would be fine . ohh and would they? scratch their nose up against it picking up a scale???

Last edited:
Ray - You're right, no issues with them climbing it. In relation to the nose rub, it is hard to say. Often this is dependant on the individual animal - some feel the need to rub up against an enclosure edge, others dont. I am sure continual rubbing would be an issue, less frequent, probably not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back