Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
can you please put some piccies up orientalis???

ohh and if i would just call them pepper albinos

Thanks for confirming,

If this trait is inheritable, then possibly this is a different form of Paradox compared to whats seen in other projects throughout the world. Very cool,

As for name, how about : inheritable Paradox, basic, but describes it for what it is

Why do they have to be called anything other than paradox?
I think it's to make more money.

Because......when you say the word Paradox.....everyone immediately thinks of a one off animal owned by SXR...........

Obviously we ask more for them.......they are not your "classic" albino darwins
we also ask more for our genetic striped one's too........and your point is?

Aren't all reptiles which exhibit unusual traits sold for more than the normal ones?
Hypo's bredli,Black and White jungles.....just to name a couple....

'orientalis'... i think the prices are fine mate. if i had the cash i would have got one.

hope you've cleared out your inbox, there'll be a few enquiries coming your way LOL

now, stop teasing and show us some photos .....

Dalmatian or appaloosa..

do i win one if i have the best name.:shock::lol:

I think it's to make more money.

Because......when you say the word Paradox.....everyone immediately thinks of a one off animal owned by SXR...........

Obviously we ask more for them.......they are not your "classic" albino darwins
we also ask more for our genetic striped one's too........and your point is?

Aren't all reptiles which exhibit unusual traits sold for more than the normal ones?
Hypo's bredli,Black and White jungles.....just to name a couple....

My point is that why name something that's already been given a name. You say that people associate it with SXR. You by your own admission said that all yours were produced by SXR so shouldn't you follow the naming convention of that line. Also southern cross started the albino project in the first place. Do you see people renaming albinos to another name?

My point is that why name something that's already been given a name. You say that people associate it with SXR. You by your own admission said that all yours were produced by SXR so shouldn't you follow the naming convention of that line. Also southern cross started the albino project in the first place. Do you see people renaming albinos to another name?

Correction........SXR did not produce ALL of ours.....
SXR only produced ALL our adults.......BUT, our adults have produced albino's with black scales.......

Yes, i do see people naming all typs of albino's......faded, high contrast, etc, etc......

I dont think in this case the name Paradox is fitting at all. Paradox Albinos have a 1 in 100 000 (or close to) chance of occuring, the trait is also considered un-inheritable.

Where the Paradox trait we are discussing is heritable and obviously occurs far more frequently. Therefore not really the same trait and perhaps justification for a different name......

what are they worth?????

If its inheritable then you should be able to have probabilities for this trait? Have you worked out the probabilities yet? It should be predictable in an inheritable trait?

They are worth working with to see what can be developed......

I'm interested in some ideas towards a name.......any more suggestions?

Photos to show the amount of peppering would be good, I have a woma that has a couple of haphazard white scales at the moment but I am reluctant to name it a salted woma at this point ;-)

They are worth working with to see what can be developed......

I'm interested in some ideas towards a name.......any more suggestions?

Dont think you can go wrong with Peppered Albino.

Can you pm me price and availability, interested in adding some to my projects.

Apertured, bespangled, dotty-backed, flea-bitten, freckled, honeycombed, patched, perforated, pocky, pointillistic, punctuated, shot-gunned, spangled, spattered, spiced, sprinkled, stippled, studded....

can we puh-leeeeeze see pics, now? :lol:

Correction........SXR did not produce ALL of ours.....
SXR only produced ALL our adults.......BUT, our adults have produced albino's with black scales.......

Ergo they are the same line. Don't get me wrong I'm having a go at you. How you market your animals is up to you. I was initally just answering the question as to why would they be renamed. I put forward why I thought they would be renamed. I still believe this to be the case.[/

I dont think in this case the name Paradox is fitting at all. Paradox Albinos have a 1 in 100 000 (or close to) chance of occuring, the trait is also considered un-inheritable.

Where the Paradox trait we are discussing is heritable and obviously occurs far more frequently. Therefore not really the same trait and perhaps justification for a different name......

what are they worth?????

Definition of paradox from Merriam-Webster dictionary: one (as a person, situation, or action) having seemingly contradictory qualities or phases

As you can see the term paradox was given due to the contradiction. Albinos by definition have no melanin (black) and when these albinos have some it is a contradiction It has nothing to do with being able to genetically reproduce the trait. That's just an added bonus.

Photos to show the amount of peppering would be good, I have a woma that has a couple of haphazard white scales at the moment but I am reluctant to name it a salted woma at this point ;-)

Fair enough, but when your woma starts producing offspring with white scales, you will then won't you?
This is where we are now:)

And as for the proabilities..................too early to give exact numbers.....i don't think that could be calculated at this point and don't think we should give hypotheticals........
Obviously, if there is ? amount out of the total albino's so far produced.....that equals 1 in x?
x being an unknown at this point.......odds are, better than even chance of it happening again and again.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back