still not eating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
he was in his hide all day. Its night now and hes out and seems like he is hunting. i take this as a good sign?

Last edited by a moderator:
Give it a rest Nicman, yeah maybe he could have done a bit of research, it doesn't give you the right to be a tosser about it

+1

Give it a rest Nicman, yeah maybe he could have done a bit of research, it doesn't give you the right to be a tosser about it

Fair enough, just having a bit of fun.
Usually takes a bit to wind me up, but for some reason, this bloke did it with his 'know-it-all' attitude, esp. towards experienced help.

But you're right, I shouldn't be a tosser about it!

Nic

ps spudfish - I really do hope you sort your problems out, because it's your snake that's suffering.

Mate don't take this the wrong way but you have been given sound advice in this thread and it seems you may still be struggling with the responsibilities of owning a snake, you obviously care for your animal but the help you can get from a forum is very limited. Is their anyone you can talk to to give you a bit of hands on help. I really hope you get it sorted and are able to enjoy the rewards of keeping reptiles.

Steve

Last edited:
[deleted]

Anyway spudfish, the fact that your snake is out at night, seeming to be hunting, is IMO a very good sign. Maybe try offering a feed and see what happens;
mind you, I'd probably wait and see what more experienced keepers suggest (if they're still prepared to help you).

Good luck - throw up a pic if you get one.

Nic

i have everything going well now. the snake is in 10litre click clack, temps are good. i am sorry i have been a bit slow to absorb all of the information. now everything is in order i have a feeling it will all work out. thanks for your help guys

Hi Spudfish
If you are still haveing trouble with your python in a weeks time after waiting to see if it will eat.
You can bring it down to us for a check up & bring in a picture of your set up.
We breed our own pythons & are always getting other peoples pythons to eat!
Have you tried mice?
We are in SA & in Cristies Beach.

Jason

Mate don't take this the wrong way but you have been given sound advice in this thread and it seems you may still be struggling with the responsibilities of owning a snake, you obviously care for your animal but the help you can get from a forum is very limited. Is their anyone you can talk to to give you a bit of hands on help. I really hope you get it sorted and are able to enjoy the rewards of keeping reptiles.

Steve

That's good to hear, There isn't a need to be sorry that you find some of the concepts of snake husbandry hard to absorb, however you may want to put yourself in the shoes of some that have tried to give you good advice. The original advice given from the breeder was sound and if taken would have avoided this thread altogether. I remember when I got my first snake, I turned to the forum for reassurance on some husbandry matters, the problem is there is so many people with varying ideas and methods that the bombardment of information can be overwhelming. Your click clack will be good for a while and should give you sufficient time to research the ongoing husbandry and housing requirements of your snake. By all means ask questions but ask before it's critical to your snakes welfare, and if someone takes their time to give you an answer or advice then it is only right they will expect you to take notice.

I used to give a lot advice over the years but get anoyed at people that know everything when they need advice & just the endless bickering.
APS is a awesome site but as some others do, I also get frusterated with it some times.
Being a Reptile shop we get all types in our store I guess Im getting used to it...lol

Im glad things are going well for you now spudfish..

thank you to the members who gave helpful constructive advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back