still not eating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok im taking your advice. is a 50 by 30 small enough?

Last edited by a moderator:
its not streesed but

[deleted]
I've had the pickiest feeders and the most bullcrap sensitive cases in my care. I get em feeding.
I currently have a snake, that at one stage wouldn't eat fro a week if handled him for 3 minutes even.
I'd take him out for 3 minutes to clean the enclosure, I'd offer food 4 days later and he'd turn up his nose.
Don't tell me about stressed snakes.....

so is a 50 by 30 small enough? i need to know please

sorry screwed up measurments. it is 40cm long by 30 cm high. is it small enough?

u d head i ask for help and you insult me the 150 is better the the that 50 i had ive got the theromstat set on 30 nothing wrong with it

You're asking for help, granted. However, a small amount of research, or a search of previous threads wouldn't hurt. You own an animal and have not done the required amount of research. You should know these things already, or at least be capable of finding the information. No wonder people get frustrated with you.

i am sorry that i have dyslexia. its not my fault and im not dumb. i have taken the advice. going down to bunnings tomorrow to get the click clack

i am sorry that i have dislecia its not my fualt im not dumb i have taken the advice going down to bunnings tomoro to get the click clack

I was not referring to your spelling at all - you have missed the point.

When you take an animal into your care, it is your responsibility to ensure that you are appropriately educated on the animal's needs and all aspects of its care. You were given one of the best feeders of the clutch, and its condition has deteriorated due to your lack of knowledge. The animal is suffering because you did not bother to prepare yourself. Good on you for finally taking the appropriate steps though, but you were refusing to take more experienced keepers' advice and your animal suffered for it.

I suggest you do a LOT more research on your python, or if you cannot manage this, perhaps get a pet with more simple husbandry requirements.

There is a lot of help here, and a lot of people willing to spend their time educating you. Utilize this, and do your research and your python will be fine. If not, then it is nothing short of cruel.

Sorry to be harsh - I just hate to see situations like this when an animal suffers because someone wants a "cool pet."

Last edited:
i am sorry about not listening to you guys. thanks for pushing this info in my thick skull. i really love this python and i want the best for it. i am very upset about not looking after it properly but i am taking the measures to get the things i need. im doing all that tomorrow. then will wait 7 days before i feed. by the way how long can a juvi python go without food?

i am sorry about not listing to you guys thank for pushing this ifno in my thick skull i really love this python i want the best for it i am very upset about not looking after it properly but i am taking the mesures to get the things i need im doing all that tomoro then wait 7 days before i feed by the way how long can a juvi python go without food

They can go a little while, but you need to get the enclosure and temps correct asap. Once everything is all in order, being a previous good feeder and all, your python should pick up and feed quite quickly.

Good luck, get reading asap! Look up care sheets and read a few of them. I can't stress enough that you need to do some research and learn things for yourself - not just rely on a forum when things go south. You need to prevent any problems before they arise, not stress and scramble to fix them once they've popped up. Any more questions, ask us here and we'll do the best we can.

Might be a good idea to put up a photo or two of your new set-up, so that we can take a proper look at it and advise accordingly.

yeah thanks mate. i will get you a photo tomorrow, and as of this second printing the care sheets. thanks

Have a good read of this article by Doc Rock too, it may help with getting your python enclosure and surrounds the way it needs to be :)

Untitled Document

Why is it that people stress because their snake hasnt eaten for 2 weeks.

Previously we have had snakes that havnt eaten for up to 6 months - then all of sudden when they
are ready - bang - you cant stop them eating...
During this time of year - alot of snakes will slow themselves down - and this includes eating - regardless of what
heating/cooling is in the enclosure and the size of the enclosure.

We have had the same problem when we have sold snakes - they have been perfect eaters, then when the new owner gets them
home, they wont eat for them. We keep telling them not to stress out about it - that the snake will eat when its ready...

Everybody has different advice - take a look at it all and use what works best for you and your snake
We are all here to help and what works for someone else might not work for you and your snake
Over the years we have found that not all the advice given has worked for us - but through persistence we have
worked out what does.

Why is it that people stress because their snake hasnt eaten for 2 weeks

Because they are new at keeping snakes and don't have the experience some of the rest of us do...... :)

hi got the new setup up and running so will leave the snake (without handling) for 7 days

Sounds fine. The breeder seems to have given you all the required info, just stick to that and you can't go wrong.

gday. he uses his hide often now so is that a good sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back