AMAZING Beardies? or crazy inbred freaks??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetangel

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

so was in the newsagents today and came across an american reptile magazine.
first thing i notice was the beardie on the from cover, a pied beardie!!!

wow so i look in the magazine to check it out and then went to the website that was in the magazine of the breeders.

Now these are some absolutely amazing looking animals, but all i can think about is how freakin inbred are these animals???

and pose a question to you guys, do u think it is right to interbreed these lizards so severely?

now i know that that is how recessive genes are brought out, but seriously these things would have to be interbred a thousand times right?

anyway, food for though and pretty pictures for the eyes :)

website where i got the photos Bearded Dragons For Sale - BLOODBANKDRAGONS.COM

now photos
pied beardie
Picture16.png

purple translucent
Picture30.png

translucent silkback
Picture6.png

one thats for sale at the moment
Picture1.png

difference between normal and translucent beardie
Picture29.png

green and purple
Picture24.png

Picture13.png

Picture20.png

Picture11.png

white with no yellow on ears?
Picture21.png

Picture14.png

circular scales
Picture26.png

scaless beardie (silkback)
Picture23.png

cheers
amy

there is alrady a thred about this, it was started a few weeks ago
just search "piebald beardies"

Amazing,..why are we so far behind the rest of the world in morphs of our animals???

They are amazing but not sure if I approve of the amount of inbreeding they would need to get to this level

You don't need to inbreed a thousand times at all. You just need to be lucky enough to have the mutation pop up in your breeding program and then refine it if need be. Inbreeding doesn't create the original mutation.

have we even got super high reds yellows and oranges yet or are we still trying to perfect that haha when their moving onto greens , purples and most likely blues!

we've got some really intense colours and hypomelanistic beardies so, in time, we'll get close to them in the us

I agree, the colours on some of the ones under the green and purple section are nice, but honestly i just think its disgusting that people cant be happy with the beauty of the animals as nature intended them too be. I just think its plain wrong too do whatever they do to these animals.. I mean if beardies were meant too be transluscent or without scales they would be that way naturally, yanks and there designer pets.. ergh.

Amazing,..why are we so far behind the rest of the world in morphs of our animals???
because Internet heros and people with time to complain to anyone who will listen constantly bag and hate on anything out of their reach would be my opinion on why were so far behine ,

freakin nice beardies, wouldnt mind a pure white one myself

Now these are some absolutely amazing looking animals, but all i can think about is how freakin inbred are these animals???

and pose a question to you guys, do u think it is right to interbreed these lizards so severely?

Do you think they are any more inbred than any other morphs available in the reptile market like albinos that have been developed from a single specimen??

Ben

Thoes are amazing! The pied one is so cool. I love the scaless, anyway they all look healthy! As long as the inbreeding isn't causing health problems... GO FOR IT! Being kept in capativity it is going it happen eventually anyway, why not bring it out now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back