Looks like it could be our turn for a Cyclone

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

guzzo

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just cleaned up my yard in Darwin. Looks like this low will develop into a cyclone tomorrow. Windy as heck at my place and a few trees down about already. Can't imagine what it would have been like in Cairns with a cat 5 as this is still just a low.

Yep, two active systems at the moment

Picked up a baby owl that blew past us at petrol station today.
Certainly is wild and wooly, let's hope BOM is correct and it moves away.

Yeah prety crazy Howard Springs bridge is not far of being under.

Girraween rd was under today as well.
Quick go to the HS pub and you will get flooded in ha ha!

This one brewed up over land so isn't quite as predictable or anywhere near as large as Yasi.
It is also currently centred on top of us. Hence we the severe storm warnings.
It will leave land and brew up over the ocean. Will see what happens then. In the meantime it's pretty
wild weather out there at the moment. All our animals are in our lounge ignoring us.

Lot of trees down over night, heaps and heaps of rain. Currently sitting right over us in Darwin and slowly moving out to sea where it is expected to develop into a cyclone cat 1 and then hit Tiwi islands as a cat 2 and then swing back. Wind just starting to pick up a bit as it moves out. I keep thinking what Yasi must have been like as I said before this is still just a low!

View attachment 186511Pic of Howard River Bridge on the way to Gunn Point for those that know the area.

Good luck all.

Just remember if you have to evacuate, they really wont take snakes on a plane!.

(or helicopter/boat, but seriously, it can be a problem)

Plan ahead or hope it doesnt get that bad is all I can suggest.

At Cat 1 now Carlos. Supposed to move out a bit then come back......just a bit windy but evidently we are in the eye. ....wait and see

Good luck all.

Just remember if you have to evacuate, they really wont take snakes on a plane!.

(or helicopter/boat, but seriously, it can be a problem)

Plan ahead or hope it doesnt get that bad is all I can suggest.

Ha ha airport is closed. Roads are flooded, there is no escape. Interesting to see that the track map predictions keep changing. Could do a u turn and come back. Will be a very interesting 24 hours I think.

I really don't think they know what this one will do. Yasi looked very predictable on its path....this is just as likely to move inland and turn back into a low again...who knows. Wouldn't like to be fishing in the Harbour at the moment though!! The ground is so soaked that if the wind does pick up there will be trees down everywhere. What a crazy year for wheather!

As long as it goes west i'll be happy. If it comes to the East i'll have a couple of feet of water through my house.

Do you live out near the road to Gunn Pt Guzzo?
Lots of sirens wailing away here in the city.

Do you live out near the road to Gunn Pt Guzzo?
Lots of sirens wailing away here in the city.

No im at Palmy now. went for a drive to Gunn Point Rd Howard Bridge.....good fishing spot for barra when the water is flowing but not quite that much.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back