Darwin Python Questions?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

repty23

Reaction score
Hi guys I might be getting a Darwin Python soon and i wanna know a little about em. Are they any good for beginner snakes(do they bite a lot)? How big do they grown and what size cage will i have to get? Do they look good when there fully grown?
Any information on them will be good!!! :D:D:D
Thankyou;););)

They do look pretty good when they grow up, Some people say they are biters but with ours that is not the case.

What another beginner snake that doesn't bite? its gotta look cool and be at least 1.5m so none of that children python ****

Darwins are a great snake, most snakes are bitey when young but they are a great snake. I would use a 4x2x2 foot as a minimum for when fully grown. They get to about 2m as an average but can be bigger or smaller. Best of luck

they are good snakes for first timers, 1 of our adults that we have had for 13 years has never bitten or shown any signs of bitting even as a hatchie its been that good he has done the rounds of kindergardens and schools on show and tell and pet day with kids swarming around him hands every where and he has always been on his best behavier. they grow between 6-8 feet and look really nice when adults with there golden yellow stripes inbetween cream and black. even most of my hatchies [30 of them] handle great and feeding on hopper mice no problems at all.
Cheers Deano

they are good snakes for first timers, 1 of our adults that we have had for 13 years has never bitten or shown any signs of bitting even as a hatchie its been that good he has done the rounds of kindergardens and schools on show and tell and pet day with kids swarming around him hands every where and he has always been on his best behavier. they grow between 6-8 feet and look really nice when adults with there golden yellow stripes inbetween cream and black. even most of my hatchies [30 of them] handle great and feeding on hopper mice no problems at all.
Cheers Deano

oops sorry about the double post laptop just being stupid again
Cheers Deano

Last edited:
What another beginner snake that doesn't bite? its gotta look cool and be at least 1.5m so none of that children python ****
MD's? They are generally placid and grow to a fair size. plus they go for a good price, are constantly referred to as "Beginner Snakes"

conatct snakeranch and ask them anything u need to know (might still have some for sale). they will help you alot

Hey i have 4 Darwin two are albino two are normal and i have never been bitten by one, mine are lovely snake when i go to pick them up the go into a defensive position but as soon as i touch them they run of the hills,
3 are not adults so cant give a good size for the adulthood but my 6 year old girl is 2.5 meters atm i have my big girl in a 3 foot high 4 foot long and 2 foot deep enclosure but the standard 4 by 2 by 2 are ok too :) hope this helps
here is a pic of Gold Member so you can get a good size :)
P1260025.JPG

I heard bredlis are pretty good and they get nice and big.

Ben

Most people say that bredli's are really placid and most are but it depends on the snake itself they all have there own personality. My bredli's are pretty aggressive so it just depends on the one you get. They get to about 2.5m average.

I have 4 darwins 1 was snappy as a juv and grew out of it by 6mnths. The other 2 have always been as quiet as you can get and one is nasty as anything ....so in short 3 of my Darwins at 14 mnths are good handlers and one is not. 3 out 4 aint bad.View attachment 187686

Most people say that bredli's are really placid and most are but it depends on the snake itself they all have there own personality. My bredli's are pretty aggressive so it just depends on the one you get. They get to about 2.5m average.
I know a hypo-bredli that chooses to attack only the face.

Nice darwin btw guzzo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back