Very cheap tub rack, Pic Heavy

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
crazy clarks maybe, I will be building more of these without the woodinserts for just lizards

sure do its called " sams warehouse" , crazy clints in some areas .

Yeah or Chicken Feed have them too. They are owned by Sams Warehouse and carry the same stuff and same specials etc.

Will take pics now

Scorps you should make a 'template' of your dividers and sell them!

I have often wondered how I could use these drawers as a cheap tub rack.... wish I was 'handy' with the tools.

The $2 shop, reject shop, the warehouse, crazy clarkes, clints, I've seen these rack at all those 'reject shops'.

Chase.

There is a place with huge tubs real cheap near me but no frames I figure if I want I could just make a chest of drawers style frame.

Dannyboi I did the same thing...
picked up these large tubs for about $7 each and built this Antaresia rack for under $200 including heat-cord and thermostat.
AntRack 001.jpg

Oh, sorry ben! I thought the main topic was how awesome my wife was !! U could use heat proof silicon to attach cord?? Better than glue. I can get u some from work

Awesome! I was just talking to dad about doing this last Sunday, very keen to give it a go now :D Would be awesome for Hatchy Womas and Waters :)

Just a question, how would i go heating tubs down here (NSW)?

i use these racks for my geckos and baby bearded dragons for a while now and seem to work well wood inserts look good might try that
mick

Just a question, how would i go heating tubs down here (NSW)?

You could attach another piece of mdf at the back of the system. You could then attach the heat cord to the inside of the mdf, thus running against the back of the tubs. That way, you could have 2-3 runs of cord for each tub, plus having the mdf the full length of the back, it would help to keep the heat from escaping.

i did the same thing the other day for knobbies but i just left the gap, they dont climb and its too small for them to get out even if they did, i got a 4tub one for $30

Great idea, I brought that rack/drawer ages ago and thought gee that would be great for snakes, but had no idea what to do about the gap. Does anyone know if I get the board and measure it up, if Bunnings have someone that can cut it? As I am guessing mdf can/does splinter with just a regular old saw? No rude comments please, I drill, zip tie, saw, glue, seal and solder (sp?), but don't own the appropiate power tool for that.............................................;_)

bunnings do have a cut shop, but in my experience they are often too stupid or in too much of a rush to follow your measurements correctly. a jigsaw or even circular saw would do the trick if you know anyone who will lend you one....MDF is also thin enough to be cut with a pair of secateurs, if it's only the corners you need to cut this may be the best option in your position....

i use these racks for my geckos and baby bearded dragons for a while now and seem to work well wood inserts look good might try that
mick

Hi Mick,

How do you have your tubs setup for the baby bearded dragons? What form of UV do you give them? I am looking at making something like this up but am not sure on how to do the lighting bit...

Thanks,
Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back