Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about buying from licensed shooters in Tasmania or the possum abattior there?

I used to collect possum skins in NZ years ago
Gin traps and shooting worked ok but could damage the skins
Preferred method was Cyanide paste mixed with aniseed
I really dont think it would do the snake much good

What about buying from licensed shooters in Tasmania or the possum abattior there?

Exactly right, possums are already available for food in Australian specialty (game meat) butchers. Ive seen them for sale in Newcastle area of NSW.

I find it really sad that people are so willing to compromise the health of their animals for free/cheap food. Maybe you should start questioning - if you cannot/will not pay for humanely killed, parasite/poison free animals, are you really sure you should be keeping anything as pets, let alone reptiles.

This thread has been fascinating! I have learned how people used to trap possums in NZ, that possums are available in speciality butchers in Australia (Must try!), how some people feed giant snakes in Bali..... and that we are never going to be feeding snakes NZ possums :)

Thanks guys!

I have never said that I feed kittens to snakes , how ridiculous.
I merely put forward an idea that if animals are being killed then they get put to good use.

I hunted down a whale last month and have turned my spare room into a freezer. I have enough food for eons.
So I don't need any extra food.
I also think the blubber promotes bouyancy and will be selling bouyant snakes to be used as water ski's for next season. :)

Last edited:
If your seriously looking in the newspaper for free kittens, im so going to report you! that is not right in any way !

provided they are humanely euthed i doubt there is anything that could possibly be done about it..

I also think the blubber promotes bouyancy and will be selling bouyant snakes to be used as water ski's for next season. :)

Put me down for a pair!!! I don't ski so I'll just put em on the roofrack for the WOW factor.;)

Mick

I am closing this topic, hypothetical it may be, but some get very upset about feeding other animals besides the usual to pet snakes. The thread is now going totally off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back