You can now apply for a NSW licence on-line

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DEC

Not so new Member
Reaction score
DECCW would like to announce that you can now submit an application for a class 1 Native Animal Keepers’ Licence or Import/Export Licence online at NSW Government Licensing Service.

You can also renew all classes of your AKL licence online at NSW Government Licensing Service. To renew your licence on-line you will need to have lodged your fauna record book and be in receipt of a renewal number which will be sent to you by Wildlife Licensing and Management Unit as part of the renewal reminder process.

Once received, your application will be processed and a licence sent to you in the post.

There is a discount on fees for people who use the online facility.

Please email [email protected] if you have any problems with this service.

At what stage will the Record Books be in place on the Computer ?? will the DECC be entering all of the records from the last Keepers Book or will the licence holder have to add everthing them selves into the system

Looks great , but I am trying to do a permit right now , adding the species code for my selected species does not work .... not off to a good start for me ;)

From recent personal communication I think the E-Book reptile keepers books are supposed to be online and ready for us to lodged in April.

dicky.. I applied and lodged one this morning without any problems at all. I received the confirmation email with a PDF of the application after completion.

I was hoping to do the same Colin , just wont take the species code for some reason.

see the opening DECC post brett.. email them the problem your having and hopefully it will be resolved quickly.

I was hoping to do the same Colin , just wont take the species code for some reason.

I assume you have double checked your species code on the DECCW website, I noticed recently a few had changed. Especially since I had not checked them in years.

From recent personal communication I think the E-Book reptile keepers books are supposed to be online and ready for us to lodged in April.

dicky.. I applied and lodged one this morning without any problems at all. I received the confirmation email with a PDF of the application after completion.

Hi colin, the magic question, "did you or did you not get the import export numbers" without that i might as well fax the application.
It is possible that DECC is onley publicly servicing their own bank balance?
They put price up by 10 bucks then offer me discount :lol:
The DECC is a crazy "my people love me" loony Gaddafi Duck of the desert .

see the opening DECC post brett.. email them the problem your having and hopefully it will be resolved quickly.

All ready done , waiting on reply .

I assume you have double checked your species code on the DECCW website, I noticed recently a few had changed. Especially since I had not checked them in years.

Sure did , the code has not changed.

Logged out and back in , problem solved.

Last edited:
Like I said, I will believe it when I see it.......about time I must say.

What we need now is a licence that is a credit card style (like drivers licence) that DOES NOT have you address on it.
I will probably be pushing up daisies before that happens.

This is what I got back , along with a PDF of the application receipt , so we still have to wait up to 14 days for the export number , then we still need to fill out the form and mail it back ... It's a good start though.

Thank you. We have received your application.

Please allow fourteen (14) working days for the processing of your application.

When issued your licence will be mailed to you at your nominated postal address.

Please complete your import/export return sheet and send it to the relevant authority within 48 hours of purchase or disposal of your fauna.

A maximum penalty of $3,300 applies for supplying a false statement or providing misleading information in an application for a licence or certificate by an applicant.

Thank you for using the NSW Government Licensing Service.

What we need now is a licence that is a credit card style (like drivers licence) that DOES NOT have you address on it.
I will probably be pushing up daisies before that happens.

great idea Fay !!!

nsw government were patting themselves on the back late last century about having achieved this Globalisation

call me a cynic but this is what the government agreed to achieve in 1999

Extend range of services available on ServiceNSW: Agencies will build on ServiceNSW as the common service point to government information and services by extending the range of available services, including interactive transactions. New on-line services nominated for implementation by agencies and through community consultation include:
  • licences, registrations and applications
is it just a coincidence that there is an election in nsw in 16 days time and labor has no chance of retaining government. maybe some clerks want to make it look like they have done something in the last 12+ years.

This is what I got back , along with a PDF of the application receipt , so we still have to wait up to 14 days for the export number , then we still need to fill out the form and mail it back ... It's a good start though.

When issued your licence will be mailed to you at your nominated postal address.

Please complete your import/export return sheet and send it to the relevant authority within 48 hours of purchase or disposal of your fauna.

A maximum penalty of $3,300 applies for supplying a false statement or providing misleading information in an application for a licence or certificate by an applicant.

SO, the ONLY advantage is that you don't have to buy a stamp.........geebus progress is really moving along now....

I normally fax mine Fay , so no stamp , I did save $3.00 doing it online though , so I am not complaining ;)

Yes they have done absoloutely squatt,wait 14 days is just an insult for what they charge!

I normally fax mine Fay , so no stamp , I did save $3.00 doing it online though , so I am not complaining ;)

Jees,they got you, have they taught you to roll over,fetch the stick,play dead :lol:

is it just a coincidence that there is an election in nsw in 16 days time and labor has no chance of retaining government. maybe some clerks want to make it look like they have done something in the last 12+ years.

this

An improvement on the wait time for a import/export would be better. 2 weeks or longer is rediculous,especially when Victoria can get their's back in a few hours or a day after applying by fax. I avoid dealing with permits like the plague for this and other reasons.

I just applied for a new licence as I am moving from QLD to NSW. I found the process to be very easy and painless. Great work guys.

T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back