You can now apply for a NSW licence on-line

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it me or does it seem like the NSW licensing service put pressure on the DECCW to present these permits online? Which in turn is the need for the pointless mandate of minimum enclosure sizing.. To me it doesn't seem like the DECCW is calling the shots in the first place. The are merely trying to enforce 30yr old conservation laws on captive pets..

Congrats on the inept ability to present a form on the internet. Bravo.. Bravo indeed! :rolleyes:

Just filled out an Import application. It seems easy enough to use. They have a survey at the end which was a great way for me to express my bewilderment as to why we still need to wait 14 days and are being charged so much.

Last edited:
seems easy to use..the test will be how long it actually takes to come back..
And I find it interesting that a government department is using an evaluation version of Tall PDF to output the pdf files.

A so-called 'electronic' system that still relies on paper documents via post is ridiculous in 2011.

i couldn't agree more... slightly off topic.. but i've been waiting patiently since the mid 1980's for 2011... we're here now and i still dont have my "hover board"!! according to back to future II we should all have them by now... and clothes that blow dry themselves... flying cars... and this is apparently the best our government departments can offer??

i have a message for the DECC.... WHERE'S MY HOVERBOARD!!!!!!

Last edited:
Hey zulu, you're on the money! Crumbs for the grateful peasants - you descibe it beautifully. The only fault in your comment is that it's not the politicians, it's the bureaucrats, and guess who'll still be there after the election? These guys have been entrenched for decades in some cases. You can change a government, but the public service grinds on... If you really want oppression, move to WA...

J

I agree with yourself,Rams and michael with your views on this,i been around for a long time and get sick and tired of this rubbish.

I agree with yourself,Rams and michael with your views on this,i been around for a long time and get sick and tired of this rubbish.

True, and it isn't going to end any time soon unfortunately.

Why do these department insist on going backwards?
I got my first license in about 97, walked into the office at hurstville, and pretty sure I walked out with license in hand. I then moved to Qld in 98, did the same up there, walked into the office at Moggil, had my license within a week.
Moved back to Sydney in 2006, now looking at restarting a collection. got a license for my daughter a couple of years ago(which they dont offer anymore), now in the process of getting my own.(she still has hers). called them today to see how the application was progressing, and they told me " it has been entered as received, is now in the que to be processed."
am I missing something? they have entered it in the system as received, now it is in a line to be entered again and processed?

I think it is like a lot of businesses, they are too top heavy and to save money they cull the people who actually do the work.
I really feel that this department it just too understaffed. I actually feel sorry for the average worker there.

So, I have a AKL (I purchased this last year), and I want to just submit my record book online, is it possible or do I still have to send in my paper record book?

Why do these department insist on going backwards?
I got my first license in about 97, walked into the office at hurstville, and pretty sure I walked out with license in hand. I then moved to Qld in 98, did the same up there, walked into the office at Moggil, had my license within a week.
Moved back to Sydney in 2006, now looking at restarting a collection. got a license for my daughter a couple of years ago(which they dont offer anymore), now in the process of getting my own.(she still has hers). called them today to see how the application was progressing, and they told me " it has been entered as received, is now in the que to be processed."
am I missing something? they have entered it in the system as received, now it is in a line to be entered again and processed?

They haven't yet changed their computers from steam to electricity, when they do that you'll be amazed at the transformation... I think it's planned for sometime around 2025... NOT!

J

In case any one was wondering I got my permit VIA email today , 13 days after applying .
I used to get it much quicker VIA fax ....

In case any one was wondering I got my permit VIA email today , 13 days after applying .
I used to get it much quicker VIA fax ....

PMSL ,yeh they take two weeks by fax and credit card now too.The EPA in QLD takes pity on the NSW effort so they do there bit straight away so you can write the movement numbers down on the NSW side.
They need some young people in the department with fresh ideas and that really know how to use computers.

Ive even had situations where they have taken so long to return my permits that the permit dates (one month) have expired!!! so when I got it back it was out of date.. I had to contact them to explain this and get a confirmation email that they had "extended" my permit for an extra week so I could legally send the snakes interstate :D

I think it is like a lot of businesses, they are too top heavy and to save money they cull the people who actually do the work.
I really feel that this department it just too understaffed. I actually feel sorry for the average worker there.

So your for sacking management,dont you need office staff sacked so that you can replace them ? LOL

Ok so if it's not up and running by that time will we be given leniency with the rule that the books must be in by April 30th?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back