Improvements to Animal Keeper + Import/Export Licences

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DEC

Not so new Member
Reaction score
OEH has made some changes to the management of its native animal keeper licences to improve waiting times for licensees and to reduce fees. An explanation of these changes, instructions and access to relevant links is available on the OEH website;

www.environment.nsw.gov.au/wildlifelicences/applnformsandfees.htm In summary:

• Persons seeking a Class 1 Native Animal Keeper Licence can now apply online using the NSW Government Licensing Service www.licence.nsw.gov.au/New/categories/parks-wildlife and have that licence issued immediately by email upon successful completion of the online application form. A 15% discount is offered to persons applying online. Pensioners receive an additional 10% discount.

• Persons seeking to move or receive Class 1 animals from/to interstate can also apply online and have that import or export licence issued immediately by email. A 15% discount is also offered, as is the additional 10% pensioner discount.

• Persons holding an import/export licence are now only required to submit a return form when the number of animals transported is different to that issued on the licence.

Please report any bugs with the online system or suspected illegal activities to the Wildlife Licensing and Management Unit mailbox [email protected] .

OEH would also like to remind licensees to switch to the electronic fauna record book www.animalkeepers.environment.nsw.gov.au/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=/ and have their records, including any paper based books, prepared for lodgement during April 2012.

Thankyou

That's great that you guys have finally upgraded this system.

One question in regards to import/export permits - is the permit issued immediately even if I have a C2+ licence but want to import/export a C1 reptile?

I'd noticed this doing an import over the last month and it seems a great improvement to the system. It's great that while this system has been so bad for so long it may slowly begin to improve now.

Would be even better if the unconstitutional charges that impede trade between states were abolished completely. The fact is we shouldn't have to pay for an import/export Licence in the first place.

yes its fantastic news :D and kudos to OEH for bringing this in. I tried this new system a few days ago and did a couple of export permits. as soon as the transaction went through I received the usual email with the application PDF and within a minute or so a second email arrived with the actual export permit in PDF. this is a big improvement and great step forward.

this is what we've been wanting for a long time and a big thanks goes to Ron Haering - Manager, Wildlife Licensing and Management Parks and Wildlife..

ditto Colin..

This is possibly the best possible news I've ever heard come from the DECC!

Well done good to hear and Its long overdue so many people will be able to now receive there licences almost immediatly

Great work. Now lets get class two reptiles on the immediate approval list and I will be over the moon!

Last edited:
I'd like an explanation on why class two and higher take 14 days to approve. I've recently put one in and the money was taken from my account immediately, why can't the permit be issued at the same time?

Does it really take 14 days of thinking to say "yes, this species can be imported into NSW" when almost all species that would be applied for are already on the species list?

What a joke, can't grab the money quickly enough but then take your time with the permit.

Of course, if there is a legitimate reason that I'm not aware of I'll gladly retract this statement.

Good to here some positive news from DECC ,i had trust that one day they would finally come through with something LOL
Must be april fool day,never trust a DECC bareing gifts,he giveth with one hand and taketh fees with the other.

Zulu if you read the post youll find the fees have been reduced as well

Would be even better if the unconstitutional charges that impede trade between states were abolished completely. The fact is we shouldn't have to pay for an import/export Licence in the first place.

the only way this will happen I feel is every state is allowed to keep the exact same animals, and then it'll still be a huge fight....would be nice to see it happen though.

Fantastic news!!!!, old system was an absolute headache, interstate breeders watch out the nsw keepers are in town hahahahah

So does this mean it could be at future expos for people that want to buy reptiles that don't have licence or import or export permits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back