Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i used to work at rocky zoo. we would always have overseas tourist jumping the fence to get photo with cassowarry, concidering they could slice u in half.... and all the signs and barb wire.... weren't enough.... pretty stupid..

OMG! Do they have a death wish or something?!

Silliest thing that comes to mind for me, was at an American Zoo, an employee taking a tour group around the place came to the "Emu" exhibit, however pronounced it "E-Moo".

Some american tourists at Australia Zoo were looking ata scrub turkey and the husband said to the wife "It must be some kind of vulture."

Made me and my wife crack up!
First one i saw in America did remind me of our Bush turkey. (not my photo)
There is some superficial resemblance to the "Turkey vulture" they have in North America.
01turkey-vulture.jpg

our creator makes some dumb people, theres heaps were i live too, when i went to australia zoo a girl had a bright pink ( a bit like nighthawks avatar pink ) fury hand bag and a kangaroo comes up and starts attaching her over the handbag it was scary for her but funny for us.

another kanga story, when i was like 7 we went to this wildlife park and before you enter, the gate has a clear sign saying 'DO NOT EAT IN THIS ENCLOSURE" so this USA guy goes in and pulls out a mintie!!!!!! dooshbag!!!! so the big red gets up on its tail and starts to attack the dude just for the mintie, my dad went over and got between the two and told the dude to either eat it or leave otherwise he'll let the roo get him.

i use to tell japanese exchange students that the scientific name for a koala was Dropbear! and the day that one of them came to school with a vegemite and kraft cheese spread sandwich and sat under a gumtree, i pounched was soo much fun.

a roo at australia zoo took a swipe at a little girl so the father very maturely... punched the kangaroo in the face :shock:

My brother worked on a dairy farm that offered B&B accommodation, he was doing the morning milking with a few city dwellers looking on when a guy pipes up and asked "when ya gunna milk the bulls".

My brother worked on a dairy farm that offered B&B accommodation, he was doing the morning milking with a few city dwellers looking on when a guy pipes up and asked "when ya gunna milk the bulls".

hahaha

bahahahahahabahahahahahhahoohoo

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

i wa sat dreamworld around a 1metre water dragon my dad picked it up it was placid as hell,, then some tourist from china or other came over at first they said snake but then they were certain it was blue tongue, we went along with it lol.. we also went 4wding and told a group of tourist to watch out for kangawallafoxes.. and the most hilarious was at a park in sydney a lake that is 1 giant circle a groupd of tourist from china again had their feet out of the row boat in the water and we told them there are crocodiles and they all had their feet in the boat looking out and pointing to crocodiles they see lol :p

that rhyme of red and yellow killing a fellow only works in northern mexico and the USA....many of the other Micrurus have not heard that poem

Cheers,
scott

One more for the tourists - which is safe to handle and non-venomous?

DSC05944mod.JPG

red_milk_snake.JPG

This one should be easy - but can you remember the poem on how to tell?

I personally think tourists aren't subjected to these types of threats (often) - as nor are we - how many here would have thought eating a monarch butterfly could kill you?

How many know to steer clear of a coral snake but not a Mexican milk snake?

The one on the bottom is safe to touch.

And the poem is: red on black poison lacks, red on yellow kills a fellow.

Wow people with little to no interest in animal making mistakes about animals.
Who would of thought!?i

The one on the bottom is safe to touch.

And the poem is: red on black poison lacks, red on yellow kills a fellow.
or red next to black is a friend of jack and red next to yellow is a deadly fellow :D

Americans messing with morphs on kingsnakes and milksnakes is really going to mess up that poem.

Wow people with little to no interest in animal making mistakes about animals.
Who would of thought!?i

Yeah I know and I don't really blame them... but some things they say are just hilarious.

Hahahahahahahha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back