Are You Serious!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smithers

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

I have seen two for sale ads tonight for different animals that had a good swag of dung in the cage when photo was taken and wondered why the hell wouldn't you clean the cage before taking pics?? And how can you not clean it out when each one is deposited?

One of the pics I saw had at least four poops in the bottom of cage. Now I don't know about most of you but I clean the crap outta my reps enclosures almost as soon as I see it or smell it.

So my questions are, How often do you spot clean your enclosures? And how many deposits would class as ok for your reps to live in?

I clean mine daily. As I would want if it was me living in there.

People are just straight up lazy or are too busy and don't get a chance but that shouldn't be an excuse if you can wipe your own *** after a day at work I'm sure you can spare 2 minutes to do a spot clean.

Whenever I see or smell it, it's outta there.

Same here

I noticed the same thing Smithers! I thought it was pretty embarrassing to be selling such beautiful snakes that you obviously don't take much care with. Such a shame, I usually change the paper as soon as I see a mess.

yer im the same, cleaned soon as its in spotted... i wouldn't want to be sleeping a few cm for my **** lol

Yepe i noticed it aswell. It only takes a few minutes to clean the enclosure out than u have peice of mind knowing that there isn't any mess laying around for them to go through.

They poop I clean, I never leave it in there longer than 10 hrs, and that would only happen if they pooped right after I left for work.

i dont spot clean... as soon as there is any poop in my enclosures the entire enclosure gets cleaned nothing worse than the smell of snake poo and pee it reaks latey i have been finding myself cleaning enclosures around every 3 to 5 days i use rinse container out then spray repti clean let it soak for 5 minutes rinse out again then fill with boiling water let that sit for 10 minutes the return snake

Hey All,

I have seen two for sale ads tonight for different animals that had a good swag of dung in the cage when photo was taken and wondered why the hell wouldn't you clean the cage before taking pics?? And how can you not clean it out when each one is deposited?

One of the pics I saw had at least four poops in the bottom of cage. Now I don't know about most of you but I clean the crap outta my reps enclosures almost as soon as I see it or smell it.

So my questions are, How often do you spot clean your enclosures? And how many deposits would class as ok for your reps to live in?

I clean mine daily. As I would want if it was me living in there.

Hmm, not too good, eh?

I'm the same - as soon as I see a mess, it's cleaned up. I wouldn't like to live like that, so why should my animals???!

I'm with everyone else.
She poops, I clean.
The only time it sits at all is when she's left a deposit when I'm out and then the second I open the door I can smell it so it gets cleaned straight away.

Hmmmm, I also wonder how there can be 'multiple' excretions in a vivarium.
My snakes poop once a week and I remove it as soon as I see it. How many weeks must it be since these enclosures have been cleaned when there are 3, 4, 5 or more poops in them?
I was in a Melbourne reptile store recently and found a female Spotted I would have loved to have bought, but when I noticed at least 5-6 poops in her cage which were getting smeared all over, I gave her a miss.
If the owner/dealer can't even be bothered changing the paper on the bottom, or at the very least removing the poop, there is no way I would buy the animal.
I also noticed an ad selling an 'entire collection' last night which displayed some VERY dirty enclosures. I wouldn't touch those animals with a long pole. And I agree, surely you'd clean them up before taking photos!!! How lazy is that???

People are just straight up lazy or are too busy and don't get a chance but that shouldn't be an excuse if you can wipe your own *** after a day at work I'm sure you can spare 2 minutes to do a spot clean.

western people are,nt as clean as they think they are.. Yes ! they "WIPE " thwir own, leaving residue.Eastern people, on the other hand, "WASH" their own.........................FAR<FAR CLEANER

Same here
as above

Thanks everyone for your thoughts n replies, I was a bit taken back to say the least that 4-5 loads left sitting in a viv with such a gorgeous snake and as Reptilife mentioned at one a week that's pretty rank husbandry imo. I guess when your see the whole collection up for sale well that tells you the reason the vivs are like they are. No interest or passion.

also if you were going to take a picture wouldn't you want the crap to be out of the shot. Or put forward the idea that your animals are housed in a clean environment.

also if you were going to take a picture wouldn't you want the crap to be out of the shot. Or put forward the idea that your animals are housed in a clean environment.

Totally agree with ya there Adz, I noticed the offending pic has been removed. Not sure if I have done any favours to buyers as they can't see conditions these animals have been living in. Oh well Sh.t happens ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back