Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jungle_Fever1

Reaction score
Do you think the price of jungles would have remained more steady if the aggressiveness of the jungle was not present?

Does the Jungle attitude put off alot of buyers?

I like paying $150 for jungles but i do think they are being short changed for such an attractive python.

i think they are being bred in massive numbers hence the low price.

I think because they are a morelia species and have been around a long time they are expected to drop in price and yes 150 is a low price but I am offered every season carpets for 50 or whatever money I have on me, now in all honesty that's cheap and they are basically given away.

And I agree with the above post and the main reason

Only being a member for a short time,but a herper for years,I would like to know why Jungles are so cheap.They seemed to be easy to care for,good temperment,good patterning,etc.

That so called bitey reputation is simply a handling thing
Once a jungle trusts you they are absolutely beautiful snakes to play with
They were the main attraction at any of my displays
Never ever had a drama with them

I totally agree with red-ink,flood the market with a product to drive the price down......but if you want top shelf you have to pay for it.You only get what you paid for.Sometimes you get lucky,like me with all my pythons.I have to admit i feel very blessed with my lot.....my jungle has never bitten me or shown any aggresion at all.My woma is more chilled out than my jungle...if thats possible.and i have only had him since yesterday.and both of then were under $300.Cheaper available tho.

Iv owned 5 Jungles, only one has bitten me, I dont understand why people say they are aggressive, sure they can be jumpy at first but they calm down very quickly (in my experience anyway)

I just bought for a female today and I was more than happy to pay what the breeder asked as she was a stunning jungle from a decent line and bred by a top notch breeder.
The only reason some are so low in price is because inexperienced breeders are pairing random snakes putting little or no thought into it and then wonder why no one wants them unless they pretty much give them away.
The people out there who are breeding quality stock need to stick to their prices as anyone who wants a decent example of the species and not some random newbie Palmerston cross whatever they could get their hands will happily pay for them imo

Last edited:
Maybe I'm just not in it for the money! The sheer pleasure of seeing my jungles that I raised from hatchies breed, and then watch the mother incubate the eggs with 100% hatch rate was enough for me. You can't win on APS no matter what you do. If I was selling them for $600 you'd be whinging because they were too expensive!

Last edited:
if it was directed at you( which im not sure if it was) , why care about what someone else thinks.

Well is it just a coincidence then that I posted an ad a few hours ago selling Jungles for $150 and now this thread pops up.....

I just wonder what some people think a "random pair" is.

Dude i didnt direct this thread at u. Ur not the only person breeding jungles.

Last edited:
Well is it just a coincidence then that I posted an ad a few hours ago selling Jungles for $150 and now this thread pops up.....

I just wonder what some people think a "random pair" is.

You're not the only person that has listed jungles for $150 within the last week mate :)

But i am selling Jungle's for $150 so this thread is directed at me. And I've said why I'm selling them at that price. Just adding my bit....

But who cares anyway. Some people will get some good Jungles at a good price and that's all I care!

But i am selling Jungle's for $150 so this thread is directed at me. And I've said why I'm selling them at that price. Just adding my bit....

But who cares anyway. Some people will get some good Jungles at a good price and that's all I care!

fair enough dude.

Not having a go niggz... in the spirit of the thread. Why did you price them at $150, what's the reasoning for you pricing them at that.

Nice jungles by the way

Last edited:
It's all good. I know people aren't having a go. Someone asked a question.....I answered it.

Like I said before, I got great enjoyment out of watching my girl maternally incubate a clutch of eggs. I bred my pair this year just so i could see this happen, not so I could sell them. So if i can sell them to make enough money to cover mice, plastic tubs, heating etc I'll be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back