Waffles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrystalMoon

Reptile Lover
Reaction score
Just thought I would give out this great recipe I created
Ingredients:-
1 x large mixing bowl and butter knife
1 x small bowl
1 x whisk or egg beater
1 x fork
1 x waffle iron(electric)or make as BIG pikelets
2 x 3/4 cups Plain flour
3 x level tspoons of baking powder
1 x pinch/1/4 tspoon salt
3 x eggs(separated)
1 x 1/2 to 3/4 cup of milk
1 x 1/4 cup of sugar(any)
1 x tspoon of vanilla
4 x tblspoons of butter/margerine(melted)
Method:-
separate eggs, put whites to one side in small bowl. Yolks go in the large bowl add sugar and vanilla, mash up with fork. Add flour, baking powder and salt(you can sift these, I never bother). Whisk egg whites till they just start to form soft peaks(lift up with whisk should just slightly hold peak)put to side. Add milk to flour stir with butter knife(I use knife for all batters, scones and cakes etc as it helps to prevent over stiring)add cooled melted butter, stir enough to disperse into batter. The consistancy of the batter is up to you, the thicker the batter(whipped cream consistancy)the higher/fluffier the waffles will be(thin would be about fish batter consistancy/drops off spoon in a smooth manner rather than dolloping off)Fold whisked whites into batter gently with the knife using a figure of eight motion(this is the trick to keeping batter aerated)rest the batter in the fridge for around 15/20 minutes preheat waffle iron and use as required. This usually makes 6/7 waffles or however many pikelets(depends on how big you make each one) very nice served with ice-cream spread over the waffles and maple syrup drizzled over the top. pikelets are great with whipped cream and mixed berries.
Enjoy
regards
Crystal

I make them similarly - the beaten egg whites make it delicious and fluffy on the inside! Sometimes I'll mash some bananas into the mix before I add the whites.

I make them similarly - the beaten egg whites make it delicious and fluffy on the inside! Sometimes I'll mash some bananas into the mix before I add the whites.
yes you can add most fruit(mixed berries, are my favourite) to the batter, and a little cornflour(3 tblspns)to the flour will give the waffle a nice little crunch
Regards
Crystal

yes you can add most fruit(mixed berries, are my favourite) to the batter, and a little cornflour(3 tblspns)to the flour will give the waffle a nice little crunch
Regards
Crystal

I haven't tried them with cornflour - thanks for the tip! Do you use a sandwich press-style waffle maker? I've been thinking about getting one of the expensive ones that rotate

If only i could cook,instead of burn everything.no overweight pple living here.bloody fat dogs tho....hahahahahahaha.....

If only i could cook,instead of burn everything.no overweight pple living here.bloody fat dogs tho....hahahahahahaha.....
every-one can cook :) I have taught many who said they could not :) Burning things usually equates to having your mind on more important things ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back