Artist wanted :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woody101

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey im looking into getting a custom background painted for my diamond enclosures just wanted to know if anyone out there on the gold coast loves painting and has the time to paint me a background will supply everything and pay for your time let me know on this thread or a PM if you wanna help me :).

Josh

hey mate ive been thinkin about doing this in my new enclosure. What where you thinking of getting painted. I am a full time artist so......... yeah. what did ya want?

Great idea. Would you mind sharing photo's if you get it done?

hey mate ive been thinkin about doing this in my new enclosure. What where you thinking of getting painted. I am a full time artist so......... yeah. what did ya want?

well im going to get either ply cut out for all the walls and get a rainforest theme or something like that and just screw it straight into the enclosure.

Juz92 that is effing hilarious!!!

This is actually a great idea... I am an abstract painter so if you want something random, I can help out :p I will keep an ear out for anyone that can paint that sort of thing though and let you know

it would only look good if you are a very accurate true to life painter of landscapes. Would also help to get the lighting on it right as well as i think it could make or break it.

Make sure u make terms if your gunna get someone for this, as like above if you say paint me a background they could paint a crap background and youd still have to pay for it

best thing is ask to see some designs first or outlines and say that you will buy it if it is what u want,

a friend years ago for his company got a art student to design some logos and a three year old could have better but was still liable to pay for her work as he said he would pay for any designs she came up with

im pretty sure your cheapest and most reliable way to get this done would be to find a large well taken shot of a rainforest and get it printed onto plastic to stick to the back. just make sure you dont get any air bubbles

im pretty sure your cheapest and most reliable way to get this done would be to find a large well taken shot of a rainforest and get it printed onto plastic to stick to the back. just make sure you dont get any air bubbles

might look into that idea thanks

If you are referring to printing an image on vinyl and sticking it to the back there would be concerns regarding the adhesive surface if a corner started to peel, with heat the adhesive on vinyl starts to 'loosen' (for lack of better word) and it could cause problems (same principle as sticky tape in an enclosure). A method around this would be to cover the vinyl with a thin sheet of acrylic, but then the effect would be reduced and then the acrylic surface will be prone to marks. I was a Jr Signy for 2 years and would not recommend adhesive vinyl in an enclosure, you could print an image onto another surface and install it into the enclosure.

im a signy aswell and have printed vinyl backgrounds in a couple of enclosures and have not had any problems with them . There is also some foresty looking fish back grounds you could use aswell . Have you thought about making your own rock wall ? There pretty easy to make .

cheers nico

Nico77 I'm happy to be corrected, as I said I was only a Jr years ago I included that to show my level of experience. it would enable very nice backgrounds to be created if it is a safe option.

Have you had any issues with heat? can you give further detail regarding my concerns around the vinyl adhesive I would be interested to know.

Cheers
Daniel

I got some vinyl square tiles from bunnings of design as rock /stone wall cheap just glue each one so it does not fall off $1.30 each.
One day i'll get a 3d background just wait to see one cheap

I just made sure it was all stuck down proply , we applied it dry which was tricky to do in a 2x2x3ft enclosure . I have the light about 250mm away from the back wall and have not had any issues with it getting to hot and lifting up , if there was a down light or spotty shining on the back wall it would have the chance of coming loose from the heat but as long as you have enough space between your heat source and the vinyl it should be ok .

cheers nico

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back