USA reptile expo, just a few pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
those animals look good as...those blue scorps look like their from some other planet...very cool

Harry

Retics max out a little over 30 feet. The longest retic ever found was 33 feet long.
I read that scrubs max out at like 18 feet or so? Also... I don't know what kind of retics you have but over here a 9 foot retic is small. Fluffy, the retic that passed away not too long ago was like 26 feet long and a little over 300 lbs. There are tons of retics on the classifieds over here in the U.S. that are 12 feet and up . For Sale 15 -17FT FEMALE TIGER RETIC AND A 10FT+ MALE LAVENDER RETIC - FaunaClassifieds
For Sale Stunning Purple Phase Albino Reticulated Python For sale - FaunaClassifieds. That is just two threads I found in a matter of 5 minutes and both have retics that are 15 feet long. What is the largest scrub over there in Australia?

Sorry I just got my info from Wikipedia haha.
And apparently the largest Scrub was 27.8 feet.

I would like to see that scrub. I am not really sure how big scrubs can get. I have never even seen a scrub in real life. Who knows any more....

The odd Scrub python will get longer than 18 feet. I have come accross two specimens bigger and once found a lower portion of shedded skin of a alleged 25 footer, ( flying fish point Innisfail) and it scale size was rediculously huge, much bigger than I had ever seen before. Was it it really 25 foot though ?, who knows. I have no doubt the occassional freak is out there somewhere.

Gorgeous photos! Dont think i can pick a favorite. I would love to own so many of the exotics, but Im kinda glad you cant keep them over here (legally anyway) to avoid the problems we have with so many exotic animals (foxes, cats, toads, rabbits etc.). It only takes one pregnant female to escape to start the problem.

Sorry I just got my info from Wikipedia haha.
And apparently the largest Scrub was 27.8 feet.

Enormous difference between the power of a retic and the power of a scrubby
Mainly because of the weight difference
Even wild retics are much heavier than any scrubby Ive seen
Dont get me wrong I love scrubbies
But retics are a in a very different class when it comes to pure strength

Morelia
At the next expo grab some photos of people just wandering around with their reptiles
Thats kind of frowned upon in Aus even by some keepers
So most people dont understand how commonplace it is at expos etc overseas

Alright. The next Expo I plan on attending will be in October. Yeah, that is very common over here. The last expo I was just at not too long ago, I seen a guy walking around with about a 8 foot Granite Burmese Python, then another guy had about an 8 foot lavender Retic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back