USA reptile expo, just a few pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

matt1084

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Here are a few of the better photos I took at the Richmond Reptile Expo in the states. There were a few animals i would have loved to own....
One guy was trying to convince me he sends snakes to Aust all the time and you can take hog nose into Aus as they are harmless.

img0068js.jpg

Leopard geckos $25
img0065zc.jpg

img0159lq.jpg

img0158uz.jpg

img0156ht.jpg

img0153qo.jpg

img0132z.jpg

img0117no.jpg

img0092yk.jpg

img0087jf.jpg

img0085ir.jpg

img0083xb.jpg

img0080ba.jpg

img0071bv.jpg

img0069jq.jpg

Hope you like. Wish we could have a couple of these over here.

the retic sold about 10 min after the photo was taken and to a kid no older than about 15. there's no paper work or anything.

Some impressive photos.
Would love to see a US expo.
That Calico? look nice and what is with those crazy blue scorps?

The geckos with eyelashes is an Eyelash Gecko. They are pretty available over here but not as popular as the Leopard Gecko. I like the Sand Boas in the last picture. Sand Boas are neat little snakes.

awww the geckos are bloody adorable!
what are the snakes in the last photo? there patterns are amazing :)

Sand Boas, as someone just wrote.
Damn, you guys are lucky over there because you don't even have to sign
paperwork!:lol:

i'm with Jordan-Gibson, paper work is not bad considering as it also stops people taking from the wild a little. there were a few adult hognose that looked a bit stressed and covered with scars, id say wild caught.
There could also be restrictions on what people bought as im not sure the kid who bought the retic actually knew what he was buying as he was talking about a 4ft fishtank enclosure when he bought it.
Still would love a sand boa, rosy tail boa, leopard gecko, ball python. ... . .....

Some nice animals and great images,...cheers for sharing them ;)

Absolutely love the granite burm!
How did they get those scorps so blue?

thanks for sharing :)

i thought it was UV light but the guy picked it up and put in under normal light and it was still blue.
Got no idea, prob paint ;)

granite burm looks great !!!

i want a pie bald but i have seen better but to see one and not a photo is pretty kool

great photos i must move to the US

The Eyelash Geckos are called that or Crested Geckos. I have heard them called both. I think over here we have a lot of problems that people don't realize. Like in the Everglades, the Burmese Pythons are causing a lot of damage to the native wildlife. Some have probably been let go by people that didn't realize how big they get but most probably escaped in the early 90's when all the hurricanes came through Florida and caused so much damage. Another thing a lot of people don't realize is all the states trying to pass laws so people can't have large constrictors. For the most part, it is super easy in most places for people to get whatever reptile they want. Some prices for animals are like $20 for a normal Ball python. $300 for an Albino Burmese Python, $1,000 or so for a Pied ball python. $350 or so for a Coastal Jag carpet. $80 for a Crested Gecko or Eyelash Gecko. $100 for a Frilled lizard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back