Scam one day, happiness the next

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waterrat

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
This small girl laid a small clutch this morning - as expected.
Today is much happier than yesterday.

i-VxSjmd8-M.jpg

i-ZnCcSn3-S.jpg

Well done michael hope the incubation goes well.

Just interested Michael if that is her first clutch? If so what was the time from pre-lay to laying. I have a first time female I'm waiting on at the moment. Cheers

It's her first clutch and the time was 21 days from pre-lay slough. Interestingly, friend's females usually lay on 15th day. My natives range from 18 - 22 days.

It's her first clutch and the time was 21 days from pre-lay slough. Interestingly, friend's females usually lay on 15th day. My natives range from 18 - 22 days.

Thanks for that. Looks like a nice project you are working with there.

Let's cook up some GTPs! Good luck with this year's clutches, Michael - may your babies all have white dorsal stripes. :)

Lol, these ones certainly won't have any white stripes. I am hoping for a lot of black dots.

She is back on her perch as if nothing happened. She'll be probably looking for food tonight - what a motherhood!

i-HJF2G6k-M.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats Michael,
Must be exciting having a new project in full swing.
Will be interesting to see if these ones differ for you much in the hatching & rearing stakes.
It'll also be great to see how they colour up & the variation in the clutch.
Might know by this time next year I suppose?
All the best,
Andrew

What was her weight before she was gravid Michael?
Looking forward too seeing the results from that one!

Cheers,

She and her two siblings that I've got were born on 21/11/2008 from a beautiful pair owned by Snake Farmer. Unfortunately the parents and the rest of the siblings are no more due to some unexpected disaster that happened soon after they were born. So, my aim is to resurrect this line and out-breed them once I find suitable partners of the opposite sex (way down the track).

Den, I don't know what her weight was, I only weigh eggs, neonates and six months-old juveniles.

Wow Michael, congrats mate.
Sorry for the silly question but is she a sort of mite phase or is there a name for this morph? Really love the specs of black.
How long before she loses the hormonal blue after she lays or is she you what you would be called a high blue.

Well done again mate and well done to Farmer for producing this line.

Jeffa, this morph is called "mite phase". Her bluish color will not revert to green, after more clutches she will be even more blue. Personally, I have a problem with the application of the term "high blue". In my opinion, hormonal blue females do not conform to "high blue" because it's not genetic. There certainly are some "high blues" over seas but I am yet to see an adult blue male (over 3.5 years) here in Oz. If there is one, please name your price.

No worries Michael, If I manage to come across a high blue proven adult male you will be the first person I think of. (wish me luck, sounds like I will need it):D

Congrats again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back